How much can I sell my MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Curtis 92, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Curtis 92 macrumors member

How much do you think I can sell my early 2009 MacBook for? I've had it since may 09 the condition is like grade C and being A the highest. My backlight flickers as well do you think i should get that repaired before selling or just leave it?

The specs are below in my signature.

2. gooser, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

gooser macrumors 6502a

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Looks like those are selling for around $250-300 on eBay without the defects yours has. So knock some off for that.

I would not waste money on fixing a machine with that little value.

4. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

I forget mentioning the superdrive yes it works but the its tough to insert a disc and battery lasts up to like 3 hours

5. gooser macrumors 6502a

just yesterday i bought a similarly speced 2009 one from e-bay for $204. a slightly faster processor with no cracks but without a ssd and less memory. the same guy has some more with cracks for $180 something. he's sold a bunch so he's not any trouble moving them.

6. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

Ok man cheers i might just keep it then haha use it for a server is something

7. Jkj12 macrumors member

I've recently bought a mid 2009 for $105. Lots of the usual keyboard cracks and no sound because a headphone jack was stuck inside it (got it out with some dentist tools).

I would not pay much more for one with screen flicker, but I would try putting it on ebay or something for $200. You could be lucky. ;)

8. illusionx macrumors 6502

I got one for 85$USD a month ago. Dead battery and no charger. Otherwise good overall condition and the top case had been replaced in 2011.