Price Advice How much can I sell my Rev A SSD for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jonomo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jonomo, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012

jonomo macrumors regular

I'm thinking of upgrading the SSD on my Rev A MBA. I'm wondering if I could sell my original SSD, which is 128GB. How much do you think it would go for these days? I can't seem to find anyone selling their original SSD on Ebay, so I'm wondering if there's even a market for it.

OWC 120gig is about US$280 in Singapore, which is where I live.

2. LordVic macrumors 601

used SSD's are always a tough sell.

The health of them is really dependant on how they were used, how frequently, and how much.

Not to mention with the limited write cycles, albeit very high count, its always a tough thing to sell a used SSD.

you probably wont get anywhere close to retail on it. but if you can get a good offer, take it

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Isn't the rev a SSD a PATA ZIF drive? Are these worth much to anyone or are they still using these in the rev B, C, etc? I don't recall what my rev B was.

4. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I'm guessing that you either installed an SSD yourself after buying it, or you have a later Air since the Revision A Airs came with a 64GB SSD. If you do truly have a Revision A Air, you're going to have a tough time selling the SSD from it, as it is a PATA drive which virtually nothing else today commonly uses. If it turns out that you have a later Air, Revision B or C, you should find a healthy market for it, as they use SATA drives and some of us that still own an older Air and haven't upgraded to an SSD are looking for an upgrade.

Best to be sure what Air you have first though. Easiest way to check is to boot it up and log in. Go to the Apple Menu --> About This Mac... --> More Info... --> Graphics/Displays. If you see Nvidia 9400M in there, then you have a later model with a SATA drive. If you see something about Intel in there, then you do have a Revision A, making your sale a bit more difficult. Good luck!

5. jonomo thread starter macrumors regular

I have a 09 model.. with a NVIDIA GFORCE 9400M..