How much can it take?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbp owner, Jan 1, 2011.

1. mbp owner macrumors newbie

Hi, about five months ago i purchased a Macbook Pro i want it to last me a while and i was wondering how much damage it can take. I am likely not to drop it or anything like that. All i'm asking is how much does it take to break a Macbook Pro?

2. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Only a Russian nuclear warhead can kill a macbook pro.

:p

It's a laptop, it has sensitive electronics. Sure, the aluminum case offers some protection, but shock and vibration travel to the inner electronics, so try not to bang it around, or slam it on the desk every time you put it down, especially when it's on, or on the airplane tray under heavy turbulence and so on. Other than that, keep food and liquids away from it and make sure it doesn't overheat (don't block the fan exhaust outlet behind the screen, especially under heavy use, etc.). Throw it against the wall, and it will break. Treat it with care, and it will last years. Cheers.

3. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

I keep mine in my backpack in an airtight compartment resting gently in between two pillows. Before taking it out I put on a set of specially made chinchilla gloves and before putting it on the table I use Clorox and alcohol to clean the area. While in use I wear a full radiation suit and nobody is allowed to come within 30 feet of me or the MBP. At night before bed I kiss it softly and lay it down on my mattress while I sleep next to her on the floor in my sleeping bag.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

You realize that constitutes water damage, right?

6. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

If this were anywhere other than Macrumors I`d think you were joking but...:D

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I buckle mine in a car seat whenever I travel.