Price Advice How much could I get for an Optibayed Macbook Pro 13' w/16Gb ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Seireiju, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Seireiju macrumors newbie

Seireiju

This is a Mid 2011 Core i5 $1200 Macbook Pro

I have it upgraded with 16GB RAM and 2 128 Crucial SSDs.
    It has a few scratches and one very shallow dent on the top.
    (This was mainly used on a desk with a monitor)
    Also has Applecare (Got this before thinking about Optibaying)

My guess would have been that I would get about $1300 at the very most for this.

I'm planning on selling this with everything that came in the box (magsafe etc.), a Mini-display to VGA adapter, the superdrive I took out (Bare, not in a usb case) And most importantly with the 16GB ram and 2 SSDs, Mountain Lion installed

So any Idea on how much I can get for this? Planning on puting it on ebay, I saw this completed listing for an Optibayed 15' MBP for $1695

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBo...ple_Laptops&hash=item3a78db2306#ht_622wt_1165

2. siteinteractive macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro price suggestion

Hi Seireiju,

I would like to suggest you price of Macbook Pro.......It should be $1100 approx. Let me know if you want to sell it...........

Thanks,

3. RedCroissant Suspended

The first thing I would remind you of is the fact that you can't sell it with Mountain Lion installed because you upgraded that and it's tied to your AppleID. So if you bought it with Lion, you have to downgrade it. Other than that, I think 1250 sounds about right with the condition and the fact that it's the 13" that onyl has one GPU. Good luck with the sale.

4. Seireiju thread starter macrumors newbie

Seireiju

I haven't upgraded from Lion yet, and if ML is anything like Lion than if I burn it to a DVD, wipe the ssds and do a clean install, its should be good.