How much could I get for this iPhone 3G 8GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doju, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Jun 16, 2008
    I just got my iPhone replaced, so I'll be getting a new (well, refurbished one, but who will know) tomorrow delivered. If I don't take it out of its plastic, but remove it from its refurbished box and put it in the original iPhone 3G box that I got when I first purchased it new, well.

Well, it would look like a brand new iPhone 3G 8GB for sale. No? Literally, brand new. No scratches, flaws, anything as it still is in the packaging and not removed from plastic. That would present a pretty-penny, no?

And if it doesn't have a SIM card in it, that's all I need to do to sell it, right? Do I need to do some unlocking software, or do I just make sure it doesn't have my SIM card in it (obvious, as it's new), put it in the box, and eBay it?
  2. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Jun 16, 2008
  3. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2009
    Holmes, Pennsylvania
    I don't know what a new iPhone 3g goes for but I am currently looking to buy one instead of getting the second gen iPod touch. I'm not gonna use the phone feature yet by I have a t mobile sim card that is a few years old that should work
  4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2009
    Edinburgh, UK
    I advise you to spend some time on eBay, it'll give you a pretty accurate idea.

I would expect that to get quite a lot though.