How much could I sell a one week old MBP for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eBrooker, Nov 19, 2008.

1. eBrooker macrumors newbie

Just wondering as I got a good deal on it and I could sell it lower than the RRP of £1399 (Late08 version)

I could send it back as it's still under 10 days, but wouldn't mind passing the saving on and maybe making a few quid lol. Any ideas what it could go for?

Anyway the reason I am considering sending it back is because of lack of blu ray - I didn't think it'd matter but I find it a bummer not having it given that all other laptops in this price range tend to.

2. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Seriously...? That's why you'd get a Windows machine over Mac OSX? What can you do other than watch movies with Bluray, or if you are authoring bluray disks then you should have known from the get go. How long does it take to write to a 50gig disk. Heck, even writing to a full DVD takes a while. I just don't really see the advantage. Disks are freakin' expensive. Just get a bluray player for your hi-def tv, they're getting pretty cheap these days (if movies are the issue) I don't see the benefit of 1080p HD (bluray) video on a laptop screen over 720p. The difference would be hard to see at that screen size. Sure, on a big tv I can see it pretty easy, at least when close up by looking at the pixel size, but on a laptop screen it would be overkill. HD really comes into it's own on a big, big screen, not a small one.

I think apple realizes that the future of video is not in a physical medium. Someday soon, sd cards, or some other flash memory will be as cheap for the same capacity (50gig) and who the heck will ever use a physical optical disk then?

If you didn't get a Mac for the OS, then you got one for the wrong reasons. Take it back and get a refund. I'm sure others can find deals, much like you did so I wouldn't worry about passing on the savings, since it sounds like you're fishing to see if you can make a profit... actually. :D

3. JBazz macrumors 6502

I would try to obtain a refund first, and then if I had to sell myself I would ask about a hundred less than they sell for new.

Notice, I can actually answer your question without telling you how wrong you are. LOL This place sometimes.

4. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

:rolleyes: Nice dig. Feel better now?

I actually was trying to get him to keep his MBP based on his stated reasons for giving up on it.

5. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Heh, ain't that the truth :p

6. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I believe that you can return it to your local. They will be within their rights to charge a 10% restocking fee but I have read on this forum that Apple has waived that fee on several occasions.