Price Advice How much could I sell my iMac for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rud3Bwoy, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

the last 27 inch imac

i7 processor max which ever that is

512 gb ssd

the 4gb nvidia card

8 gb ram paid around 2600 for it,less than 4 months old and seeing as a new imac model is coming out might sell this one any ideas what i can ask for it?

2. TheBeastman13 macrumors regular

may I ask why you're selling it? Sure the '14 iMacs are soon to be announced, but that machine you have is pretty damn good. Spend $200 and you can get some more RAM to better the system.

3. Rud3Bwoy, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Rud3Bwoy thread starter Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

It has 32 gb ram but want the retina model but gonna sell it with stock 8gb ram

4. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

Out of interest, what are you hoping to gain from the retina display?

I think the 27" screen on the current iMac is gorgeous.

Just think of all that extra pixel data a retina iMac would have to be pushing around for very little advantage.

I know the retina display on the iPhone WAS an improvement but from the viewing distance of a 27" inch screen I can't see the point.

5. Rud3Bwoy thread starter Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

it's outdated i buy every new imac/macbook pro/iphone model that comes out.

6. mrmarts, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

mrmarts macrumors 65816

Yessh I had my last iMac for 3 years and i still think thats not outdated for what i use it. For me a retina display is pointless no apps or games to take advantage of the display nor ultra hd content available on iTunes. i will wait until developers and apple starts distributing content, hopefully they will re design the iMac by than. Plus the ports are unchanged and the AMD revival in iMacs is another thing to question, i am happy with my 4gb Nvidia 780m. Besides the new Retina will cost an arm and leg and will not be worth investing into for just a year.

7. FreemanW macrumors 6502

Probably not nearly what you might think it is worth.

You've driven it out of the showroom . . . . . cha ching . . . . depreciation.

I would guess you could find someone to scoop it up if you knock somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 to $1k off your purchase price.

So, if this is how you roll, why don't you donate your "brand new" iMac to a local 501 C 3 non-profit? A library, a history museum, a school, a place where it will be greatly appreciated and used.

8. Rud3Bwoy, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

Rud3Bwoy thread starter Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

cool guess ill sell it for 1800-2000

9. Truthfulie macrumors regular

Clarity comes very handy if you read/write in other languages that doesn't use alphabets. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, so clarity also comes handy reading anything really though I am not sure I am ready to pay extra grand or two to get Retina display.

10. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

not only outdated, its obsolete! I buy a new bmw model every year and sell my old one pennies on the dollar....

11. Rud3Bwoy thread starter Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

nice bro!

12. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Well, clearly you're addressing someone for whom money is no object. Buy the newest model one year, sell it for whatever you can get for it the next when a new one is released and buy that. Repeat ad infinitum. There's no question Apple loves him even more than he loves them. :)

I'm with you, brother. I got my current iMac last year but it was 3 years with the one that preceded it and I intend to get at least that long out of this one. I'm quite sure I wouldn't roll that way even if I had the cash to burn.

13. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I was actually quite sad when i finally sold my 2010 model for the 2013, I find the external super drive not as good as the internal one in the older iMacs ( I should have kept it until now :() . I think three to five years is the average lifespan of computer for those that can afford to upgrade to Apples marketing machine. However for Apple fans 1 year is a must as this guy said.