how much data have you received via EDGE?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
just curious how much everyone was using edge for the internet and stuff. so far i've received 107 MB total. I've never reset the stats, but i think one time i restored and it cleared them

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I hit a GB the other day, but then I restored my phone to test iFuntastic 3 which was a waste of time so I can't tell you the exact amount. :(

I got my phone on release day, restored onces after two weeks, so that was like what? A month and a half of use? :confused:

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I hit a GB the other day, but then I restored my phone to test iFuntastic 3 which was a waste of time so I can't tell you the exact amount. :(

I got my phone on release day, restored onces after two weeks, so that was like what? A month and a half of use? :confused:
i guess you like long pauses while you browse the internet, cuz the internet on my iphone is pretty slow. not unusable though.

that's a lot of use. you probably charge that battery a lot also

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
123 MB.

And a restore does not clear EDGE stats. I restored mine last night, and I know there's no way I used that much EDGE today.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
64.7 sent
493 received

Been working on this feature film as a PA and had a ton of downtime watching equipment, which is aptly called firewatch. So yeah, probably why mine is kind of high and I got my iphone two weeks after launch

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
My last month's bill was 475MB of use. I'm assuming this is strictly edge use. I use wifi alot too.

I have no idea what the lifetime is, I reset the usage thingy once a month or so just for the hell of it, lol.

donPedro

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2007
like i said, one time it cleared my stats, and one time it didn't. i don't think it's supposed to though
I think it depends on whether you add your restored iPhone as a new one, or use an old profile saved in iTunes. In the latter case, I know this restores the SMS/call logs/misc. prefs... and might include your usage stats. Can someone verify this? I don't plan on restoring any time soon... :p

I'm at 13up/100down over 2 months. God bless university-wide wifi! :)