How much did iPhone service used to cost?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bollweevil, Jul 10, 2008.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

Could someone please tell me how much the cheapest individual plan used to cost when the iPhone came out? What about one month ago, just before the 3G? Now it is $70/month for 3G, right? I am curious about the history, thanks.

2. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I believe the cheapest plan was $40 voice, $20 data+text (unlimited data, 200 sms). I believe 2G customers still get this.

The new plans are the standard AT&T voice plans combined with a $30 unlimited data plan (no sms included). Then you have the option of adding on text messages extra. I think it's like $5 for 200, $10 for 1500, and $20 for unlimited.

Cheapest plan is the 450 minute plan for $39.99 so with the $30 data plan yes the cheapest you can get out of the door is $70...which for me at least, means about $80 total for the bill with taxes and charges tacked on. Right now my smartphone plans are exactly like the iPhone plans except the data plan comes with 1500 text messages. My bill won't be budging a bit.

I'm getting the 450 minute plan with the data and no text messages. I'm actually going to tell them to block text messages as I don't use them and all I seem to get is sms spam.