How much difference will 2.0 make vs 2.4?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by christiemp, Oct 14, 2008.

1. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

The 2.4 is WAYYYYY out of my pricerange once applecare is added so I'm thinking of getting the 2.0 instead. What do you people think?

Will it make that much of a difference?!?!

I surf the net, listen to music, type up stuff, play the occasional game like diner dash or something non-graphics intensive like that, watch dvds, etc.

2. PinkHappy macrumors newbie

You sound exactly like me. (I love Diner Dash!) I'd like to know, too as I'm trying to decide between the two. If the 2.4 is dramatically better, I might spring for that one.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I think you should get a plastic model that start at $999. But if you must have an aluminum MacBook go with the 2.0 GHz. It's not very substantial and not necessary for what you do. Not even close.

As you can see I'm on a 2.0 and I have not a single problem with anything. I can't run COD4, but that's about the only complaint I have. I knew that going into buying it anyways. It has been 1 1/2 years with this thing and it runs like a top!

4. christiemp thread starter macrumors regular

christiemp

Yeah....I'm not really into the plastic ones because of the no dedicated graphics...and I don't like plastic...:-/ I don't know what to do anymore.

5. Suasexed macrumors member

I don't know how the specs compare but I'm currently on my parents 2.0ghz iMac which was bought last year. It's speedy enough for day to day stuff but it's only got 1GB of RAM so it struggles a bit when I'm demanding lots from a few applications. The new MacBook Alu 2.0ghz comes with 2GB of RAM so I'd imagine it would generally feel more speedy than the iMac I'm currently on. Anyway, I went for the MacBook Alu 2.0ghz myself... yeah it's a bit pricey in the UK, but it's what I've been waiting years for. A small Apple laptop in aluminum under £900 (student discount) and I'm happy :)

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You can always go for the 2.4 as you have a year to buy AppleCare.