How much do O2-UK non-iPhone customer pay for the upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billandy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. billandy macrumors regular

Wondering how much do people like me with O2 but not the iPhone tariff have to pay for the 3G upgrade at this moment?

Thanks!

2. billandy thread starter macrumors regular

3. chappy87 macrumors regular

Are you upgrade eligible? If not, you will not be able to switch at all. If you are in a position to start a new 18 month contract, then there's a pricing guide grid thingy on the iPhone section of the O2 website.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

you pay the cost of your remaining contract, so say you have 10 months, at £25, you pay 10*25=£250!

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

The only O2 customers that were allowed to early upgrade for free were existing iphone ones.... everyone else is bound by the contact until termination... whether you pay to get out early is then your choice.

6. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Try ringing your upgrade line, you may be able to upgrade early depending on your monthly spend.

7. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

My brother had to pay £130 to get out of his current contract. Once he paid this, he just paid £59 for the iPhone 3G 16GB on a £45 a month contract.

If your eligible to upgrade, i.e. at the end of your contract, you can just upgrade like normal and pay for the iPhone etc depending on the monthly plan you chose.

Hope this helps

Ben

8. rcownley macrumors member

I was on a £35 pound a month contract, in my last month of the 18 month contract. I went in and it cost me £99 for the eight gig.

9. solusoracle macrumors member

I had 5 months left on a non iphone contract. I upgraded and they still havn't charged me for the phone at all and there is no sign of any contract cancel fee yet either.

I was in a position where I was on an 18 month contract even though I believed I was on an 12 month contract and I had phoned up severeal times to discuss my options.

10. billandy thread starter macrumors regular

thanks!

hope they're gonna let me upgrade without paying the early termination fee. but still i'm gonna keep on waiting until the 16gig white model becomes available for upgrade!