How much do people know about the iPhone 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ruk110, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ruk110, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010

ruk110 macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010
    im just really interested about the new design for the next iPhone. This iPhone 4 has to be pretty much perfect looking, so what could they possibly change?? are there any REAL leaks out there??
  2. Brradley macrumors member

Jun 21, 2010
    1) Improved antenna design.

How is anyone meant to know?! :rolleyes:
  3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

Apr 10, 2008
    Unless you were living under a rock for the first few months after the release of iPhone 4 you would know that they are going to change the antenna design. Other than that I dont think anybody knows anything, and its too early to even start speculating.
  4. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2009
    London, UK
    its a bit early for that, come back in may 2011
  5. james92se macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    The next gen. iPhone really needs at least a 4" screen IMO
  6. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2008
    The only leak that I'm aware of is that Apple contracted Sony for the camera sensors which will be 8 megapixels. I'm also assuming an antenna redesign.
  7. Gruber macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2009
    Apple has announced that they want to support charging via MicroUSB in the future. If they are serious, this would mean a secondary connector (I can not imagine that they would want to scrap the primary connector, though).

Also, it has turned out that the back is not as resistant to abuse as the plastic and metal versions of days past. Maybe they find an improvement?

Apple might choose to upgrade the flash memory to 64GB; a lot of people will jump for this. While this would cannibalize the iPod, I do not think that there are many people running around with both an iPod and and iPhone right now.

Liquid metal is not due next year, though. The new housing material will have to wait. Since it was in the prototype stage when Apple bought it, it is not even entirely clear if it will ever be used in the iPhone.

One speculative thing: there is a light sensitive display technology brewing in Apple's labs that would allow the use of the screen as a scanner and could improve the accuracy of the touch screen.

Then there is haptic feedback for the screen. Again, probably not in the iPhone5 yet.
  8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2010
    not a goddam thing

these forums are useless for actual rumors, just a bunch of whining, speculation and circle jerks
  9. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Aug 14, 2009
    It's secret. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
  10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Nov 5, 2009
  11. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010
    lol yeah i know what some of you mean, but a lot of people are saying that because of the whole antenna disaster and so easily smash -able glass, apple will be releasing another revised one to supersede the current one
  12. raverminx macrumors newbie

Feb 6, 2009
    I know nothing other than i will probably want it! I do hope they have a different colour options like they do on the ipods. Would be nice if it could support flash web sites too
  13. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Yet, you state something as certainty.
  14. Angel baby macrumors member

Angel baby

Jul 17, 2010
    Is this news comes true? After all, the iphone 4 has just been launched for less than one year. And the white iphone 4 is still unavailable.
  15. jacapsem macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2010
    I didn't find any iPhone 5 pictures but someone told me it will be transparent or invisible ))))))))))))))))
  16. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    I'm sure the more people ask about it, the quicker we'll receive information.
  17. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2008

This is fact. I saw this before the iPhone 4 came out. Can you say 1080p video??? One can wish.
  18. lnferno macrumors 6502

Jun 19, 2008
    I think that Steve Jobs, out of pure spite and criticism from "antennagate", will keep the existing design, but pay $100,000,000,000 to a team of scientists to figure out a way to make it work with the existing design. To him, that $100,000,000,000 will be worth it just to say "I told ya so" to the critics. :D
  19. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2010
    Rip City
    No one really knows anything about it, but you can bet there will be a new and improved antenna design!
  20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    Nobody on these or any other boards knows anything for certain about the next iPhone. Right now, it is just pure speculation.
  21. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Feb 28, 2009
    Texas, US
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I look at the iPhone 5 speculation with this thought it mind: If the iPhone 4 had been presented and released with the bumper as an integral part of the iPhone design, the PR headache of AntennaGate, GlassGate, GripGate, and SteelBandScratchGate would have never happened.

So I speculate that the iPhone 5 will likely be an iPhone 4 with a few bumped specs (like 64GB), a few new little features (like NFC), and a perma-bumper (slightly redesigned).

Personally, I'd like to see all that blown up to a 4" screen, but I doubt that'll happen.