How much do you let the macrumors buying guide influence you?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by mrcrlee, Oct 18, 2011.

1. mrcrlee, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

mrcrlee macrumors regular

I recently discovered the macrumors buying guide, which highlights all of the products, the last refresh date, and offers an opinion on whether or not to buy.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac_Mini

Well, I am interested in the MacMini server and I can't decide if I let the buyer's guide influence me out of a purchase and to wait for the next refresh.

Someone push me one way or the other (MacMini server + 8gb upgrade from Amazon).

Edit: I'll add that it's currently: Neutral - Mid-product cycle (90 days since last refresh, avg. 265 days)

Gracias macrumor peeps.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well if it says "DON'T BUY! UPGRADES SOON!" I would wait. So, yeah, it does for me.

3. mdgm macrumors 6502a

Buy. I wouldn't expect an update before mid-next year (apart from perhaps a possible minor spec bump).

4. rokey macrumors member

I watch it before new purchases if im unsure about time frame. but mac minis have come in the summer months as of recent. buy now!

5. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

It definitely influences me as I waited until the 2011 Mini's came out before I finally switched to Mac.

6. BelleLewis macrumors newbie

do you really need the computer now or you just want to buy a new one? if not i think you should just wait

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I don't really look at the buying guide; I follow the rumors and read Intel's release info and decide based on that. It's pretty easy to tell when something new is coming if you pay attention. I don't usually buy latest and greatest unless I have a need for it; otherwise I just buy what will work for what I want to do.