Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Monthly Fee:$199
Carrier:AT&T
Description of plan details and how it works: 1 iPhone 2G, 1 iPhone 3G, and a USB Aircard (Option Quicksilver). 650 shared minutes on the iPhones with unlimited texts, and 5GB transfer on the data card.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
AT&T, $70/month for 450 minutes/unlimited texting/no data. I've got thousands of rolled over minutes, but run up huge overage fees on any limited texting plan. :p

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Monthly Fee: £20 (USD $32.76)
Carrier: O2
Description of plan details and how it works: Gets me 600 anywhere/anytime mins, 1000 texts, unlimited data, free voicemail & reduced international rates.

It's also a rolling contract (i can cancel it anytime i want)

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
Monthly Fee: $0.00
Carrier: AT&T
Description of plan details and how it works: Company paid BlackBerry. Unlimited everything.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Monthly Fee: £20/month
Carrier: T-Mobile
Description of plan details and how it works: 600 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet

That's a great deal. What's coverage like for T-Mobile?

Their coverage is really good everywhere I've been. I usually have 4/5 bars and internet everywhere. I've never seen it lower than 3 bars except some places on my uni campus (which are dead zones for every operator apart from Vodafone). I signed up online, I think it's the solo 20 deal.

Monthly Fee: £20 (USD $32.76)
Carrier: O2
Description of plan details and how it works: Gets me 600 anywhere/anytime mins, 1000 texts, unlimited data, free voicemail & reduced international rates.

It's also a rolling contract (i can cancel it anytime i want)

I used to be on this contract, but moved for the unlimited texts. The downside to T-Mobile is they charge you for voicemail (doesn't bother me, I always have it turned off) and it's 25p per call to CS, but they are nice, competent and based in the UK.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Monthly Fee: £10/3 years
Carrier: Vodaphone
Description of plan details and how it works: I buy £10 worth of credit and don't use my phone much.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Monthly Fee: $81.00 (that includes tax)
Description of plan details and how it works: includes 450 anytime minutes/5000 night and weekend minutes/1500 a month texts/unlimited data/as a bonus, AT&T drops nearly every call I make for no extra charge.:D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I used to be on this contract, but moved for the unlimited texts. The downside to T-Mobile is they charge you for voicemail (doesn't bother me, I always have it turned off) and it's 25p per call to CS, but they are nice, competent and based in the UK.

The T-Mobile one is great but it all depends on the user. I've yet to max out my texts ever since i got this plan and my primary means of communication is texting so it seems i don't need unlimited texts.

However i'm terrible when it comes to picking up my phone as i'm usually indisposed or simply don't have my phone on me and as a result many calls go to voicemail, which i have to check.

Finally i use O2 broadband as they offer the best speed in my neighborhood and get some discount on my monthly payments as a result of being an O2 mobile customer

So its a better fit for me but i know people who NEED unlimited texts and are therefore more suited to the T-Mobile plan

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Home..

Monthly Fee: £30/mth
Carrier: Vodafone
Description of plan details and how it works:
Unlimited data rate, Unlimited text and mail. 500mins of X-Net calling per month, free calls to desingated family members. Vodafone Stop The Clock from 19:30~08:00 M-F and all weekend (you pay for the first 3 minutes of an evening or weekend call, and the next 57 minutes of the call will be free of charge... If you wanna continue the conversation, just hangup and redial! Unlimited free calls to any standard UK landlines and UK mobile networks, it doesn't matter which network your best friends and family use, you can call them on your mobile phone without worrying about the costs. For the period I've been a customer, I've been getting free handsets every 12 months. Nokia N97 next :)

Global Passport, for international calling - めっちゃ高い!!

Second Home

Monthly Fee: 4,600¥
Carrier: DoCoMo
Description of plan details and how it works:
Forgotten how the plan works but there's no point making long calls on any DoCoMo handsets, the bleedin battery is crap! Think i get three hours talk time before the whole thing craps out and dies prematurely... :eek:

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
Monthly Fee: $81.00 (that includes tax)
Description of plan details and how it works: includes 450 anytime minutes/5000 night and weekend minutes/1500 a month texts/unlimited data/as a bonus, AT&T drops nearly every call I make for no extra charge.:D

Hey! I got that free dropped-calls service from AT&T too! It's so nice when your wireless carrier goes above and beyond, isn't it?

Monthly Fee: $110
Description of plan details and how it works: two original iPhones with 450 anytime minutes (shared) / 5000 night and weekend minutes (shared) / unlimited text / unlimited data

I've still got my original iPhone, and I'd love to upgrade. But there are two things holding me back from getting a new iPhone:
1. AT&T's coverage, to be kind, isn't great. I'm tired of the dropped calls, dead zones in well-populated urban areas, voicemails and texts that appear hours after they were actually sent, and so on.
2. The new iPhone plan is much more expensive than the original one. Since I use Exchange, I'm supposed to pay $45 for the enterprise data plan. Then I have to pay at least $5 extra for texts. I'm paying $20/phone now; the new iPhone plan would put me at $50/phone. :(

As a bonus annoyance, I'd like to unlock my current iPhone. I got it on launch day, so it's definitely out of contract and it wasn't subsidised in the first place, but AT&T won't unlock it. I mostly want this for when I travel overseas, so I can pop another SIM into it for that trip. I know that I could use AT&T's expensive international roaming, and I do on short international trips. But when I'm looking at being in Sydney for a month, it's a lot more convenient to get a SIM and a local phone number.

I love the hardware, but I hate the carrier. :(

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
The T-Mobile one is great but it all depends on the user. I've yet to max out my texts ever since i got this plan and my primary means of communication is texting so it seems i don't need unlimited texts.

However i'm terrible when it comes to picking up my phone as i'm usually indisposed or simply don't have my phone on me and as a result many calls go to voicemail, which i have to check.

See I didn't max out my texts (I think I had 1200 instead of 1000) until I stopped uni for the Summer then suddenly it shot right up and I had to make a quick switch across :rolleyes:. Also I always turn voicemail off, if someone calls me and doesn't text I'll ring them back. I hate voicemail.

I like O2 the best out of all the operators though. They're the only ones that have never made me feel ripped off (from the big rip offs like outright lies which cost me a small fortune - 3 mobile should rot - to the annoying things like charging me to call CS when there's a problem)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
See I didn't max out my texts (I think I had 1200 instead of 1000) until I stopped uni for the Summer then suddenly it shot right up and I had to make a quick switch across :rolleyes:. Also I always turn voicemail off, if someone calls me and doesn't text I'll ring them back. I hate voicemail.

I like O2 the best out of all the operators though. They're the only ones that have never made me feel ripped off (from the big rip offs like outright lies which cost me a small fortune - 3 mobile should rot - to the annoying things like charging me to call CS when there's a problem)

Yeah..i've heard Three are experts at raping people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.