Price Advice How much do you think I could sell my MacBook for on eBay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Samelson03, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

It's an Apple MacBook 13.3 Screen 2GB Memory 250GB mid-2007 model. It's in excellent condition as well. Looks like I can get $160 for it at Best Buy.

2. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

I would say about $300 to $350, depending on what processor it has.

3. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I agree with HIMAN1998. I sell computer and their accessories on eBay and on average you're looking at $300-350. When listing it, be sure to add the "Catalog Listing" that eBay suggests you add; this will bring more attention to your computer and the chances of getting a buyer to pay what you want for it greatly increases.

For example, I sold a Toshiba Satellite C655D for $250. IMO, this laptop was worth maybe $200 due to the processor it had (AMD E-240 Single-core processor). It had 2GB of RAM as well.

With that being said, don't sell it to Best Buy for $160. You can definitely get more from eBay.

Hope this helps,
    - Kyle

4. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Thats really tough to say. But good thing that most users dont understand components.

300 is really what I see you getting out of this. The hardware would struggle to run the latest OS, and hopefully the buyer wont know that. :p

But hey, you seem to have had it for a long time, and for 300, thats not bad at all :)

5. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input, guys. I went into Best Buy just asking how much i'd get for it and they said $120, lol. Definitely going to put it up on eBay tonight. I'm not going to miss this machine at all. It started to give me problems towards the end. Just recently upgraded to an iMac and it's a fantastic machine!

6. Sofie macrumors newbie

It's crazy how cheap they sell for when i bought mine it was 1100$ I want to sell mine as well and its in great condition but i dont think i would sell it for less than 500$

7. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

Electronics depreciate in value a lot as the new things come out. Macs don't do it as much, though. My MacBook was about $1,200 new, and now it is probably worth $400 at most.

8. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I just sold an alum MacBook today on eBay for $435 (C2D, 4GB RAM, 160HDD). A bit off topic, but you're accurate in how much your machine is worth ;)

Edit: As a matter of fact, now that you've installed 8GB RAM you could probably get closer to $500 for it. Personally, I am not getting rid of either of my alum MacBook's (not saying you're trying to sell yours either). I really like them. They have been nothing but great for me, minus a few minor problems that were an easy fix.

9. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

I've been able to fix my little problems. My next purchase will probably be a MacBook Pro 15" (probably not Retina) with the 1GB card in it, or whatever the best at the time is. I'll do the RAM upgrade myself, as that's easy. I just hope Apple doesn't do away with the Pro 15" with the Superdrive, or with user serviceability. That's what I love about my Aluminum. Easy to service myself.

10. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Same here, I like being able to service my own machine with no problems.