How much do you think I will have to wait for...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ted.kaminski, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ted.kaminski macrumors newbie

I have a 2.2 macbook pro - the revision that was the last to use ATI graphics. Since this hardware was expensive I promised myself to get a new MBP once it has the following:

- possibility to utilize more than 4GB of RAM (officially)
    - HD display
    - Blue-ray drive
    - HDMI

It just seems to me that comparing the mbp I have now with the new one it doesn't really make much difference. Everything runs fine on this one and I highly doubt I would notice a big difference on the new one (I do consulting/development work so I tend to use up a lot of system resources). To me it seems apple hasn't done a lot of progress in terms of hardware - they only updated their design and a lot of people aren't happy with it anyways.

So... when do you think all the things I listed above will be found in an MBP?

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I believe it can officially use more than 4GB ram at the moment (nVidia says)
    It will never have HDMI.
    Blu-ray inclusion doesn't look good right now.

Maybe they'll add some of these features along the way. I would at least wait until the Nehalem processor inclusion before buying one if you're happy with yours for now, and maybe by then they would have included an HD screen or blu-ray.

The problem with Apple is that you really don't know if these things will be included anytime soon. I kept thinking that they were due for a case redesign 2 years ago, and look how long I waited for that lol.