How much do you think Turn by Turn GPS apps will be?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stateofmind, Mar 18, 2009.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

Hopefully, a notable company makes an app that is reasonably priced.

2. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I want to see what the reviews are like first. I know there have been some problems with Google Maps and locate me.

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Probably $100 (yes, I'm serious.) It isn't cheap to license maps. The map update for my Garmin last year was $150.

4. TheBriman macrumors newbie

TheBriman

Well there is one out right now, and it works pretty well, it is $20. I would imagine that when they release 3.0 garmin or someone will come out will a very good one.

5. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Also, that application is $20 for the East and $20 for the West. Since most GPS units offer complete North America maps, it would equate about $20 (east) + $20 (west) + $20(? for canada) = $60.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Garmin application. Since they are hard at work on the NuviFone, I don't think they would take away potential sales of their hardware by providing software elsewhere. Although, I might be wrong since Amazon did it with Kindle.

6. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

or google still working on apps for the iphone.

Also, what is this $20 GPS app that is available now?

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

The app available now is Gmaps. But it was pulled from the store by the developer late last week, with the promise of being back soon.

Google doesn't sell their iPhone apps though, or anything within them, so its doesn't take away from them financially.

8. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh, very true