How much do you trust Apple's strap locking mechanism?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Knightcastle, May 23, 2015.

1. Knightcastle macrumors regular

Knightcastle

Having recently decided to stop using third party adapters prior to the Made For Apple Watch program being rolled out (too many issues with the lugs coming unscrewed) I swapped back to my sport band

Even then, that is barely held in place in the watch. The thing which pops into place and secures the band is minuscule. How securely do you think the bands are held? Do you think this will become a problem as watches get older?

2. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

I think your watch is going to break if you bump into something hard enough to break band connecter. I've got a 42mm Stainless Steel Milanese Loop and it feels very sturdy.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

After you pop the pin into the hole, you then slide the end of the band into the big slot, so the band is held underneath itself. I don't see how the band will come off.

4. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

I feel very confident that my Milanese loop and white sports band will not come loose. This is something I am confident was tested very harshly by Apple.

However, this is also the reason I will not buy any third party bands. Don't want to risk one falling off.

5. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

'
    I think the OP is talking about the band's connection to the watch case, not the closure.

It seems secure to me. Much more secure than the pins on a regular watch. I've had several of those pop out over time over the years on some of my cheaper watches. Although I never had it happen on any of my more expensive watches.

If this was a watch meant to last decades instead of years, I would recommend buying new bands when the button on the band started feeling loose and non-secure. I guess I would still recommend that, I just suspect it won't be a problem over the relatively short amount of time I'll own these bands.