How much do you use the Ipad 2 camera?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Apr 17, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

How often do you use your Ipad 2 camera? I know it's poor quality but is it still useful or even for video?

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I only use it for FaceTime. I haven't even tried using it for pictures or recording video.

3. jamets515 macrumors regular

I haven't used it at all other than showing people photo booth. If I want to take a photo or video I'd rather use my iPhone 4. Easier to hold.

4. Spooky73 macrumors member

Not at all. Used it a couple times for FaceTime and once or twice to test out quality. Haven't used them since.

5. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Twice. Once to test FaceTime and the other to full around with photo booth.

But to be honest I was never interested in the cameras.

6. Medium Rare macrumors regular

Medium Rare

+ 1

7. Maaz macrumors 6502a

I love and use the front camera almost every day. FaceTime, photo booth, and taking pics with friends.

8. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

My wife and I own iPhone 4's, and we never FaceTime. I don't plan on doing much FaceTime with the iPad 2, but it is nice to have. We have a DSLR for pictures, and the iPad camera kit to upload the pictures. Yesterday I used my iPad 2 to take a picture of my wife and kids at Sea World, and my wife couldn't stop laughing on stupid I looked taking a pic with the iPad.:p

My kids do like the photo booth app. We've had many laughs with that app.

9. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I've had my iPad 2 since launch and I've never used the camera.

10. shadrap macrumors 6502

Just use it for Facetiming here and there. My kids like to make funny faces with the camera.

11. Smoothness macrumors regular

Tested FaceTime and played with photo booth once. It was a big reason why I got the iPad 2 and I never use it lol. But it's good to have I guess. If iPad gets Skype then things willnbe diff.

12. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Never used the back camera, But I did use the front camera to FaceTime a few times, and messed arond in photo booth a few times with my girlfriend. Other than that, never really used it to take pictures or videos. I'd rather to that on my iPhone. Better quality, and it's way easier to hold

13. xyz1534 macrumors regular

Front camera - once to try out photo booth, rear camera - twice to see the quality of pics...honestly cudnt care less for the cameras

14. clovis112 macrumors regular

Back camera - maybe four times
    Front camera - almost every weekend... Skype (iphone version of the app) my family and friends internationally.

15. bmat macrumors 6502

one time. to play with iMovie, which I already had for my iPhone. i never really wanted a camera, and in fact wish it wasn't there, given that I often go places where cameras are restricted.

16. HardLuckStories macrumors regular

17. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Facetime all the time! with our Grandchild 7 states away it is a blessing!!

18. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Facetime. iPad to iPad Facetime is pretty impressive by the way. The big screen makes for a different kind of experience than Facetime on the iPhone/iPod touch.

I'm still waiting for some killer "VR" App to come out that makes use of the rear camera to super impose data over the "real" world.

19. wilhub macrumors member

I have used it to FaceTime with a friend in Australia. iPad 2 to iPhone 4.

20. iLucas macrumors 6502

I haven't used facetime on my iPad 2, I have only used the camera a few times and that was to show people photobooth. I'm not impressed with the quality of pictures the camera on the back takes.

21. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I'm an iPhone 4 owner and will be an iPad 2 owner in a couple of days--I keep reading that I will hate the iPad 2 because the screen sucks and the cameras are no good compared to the iPhone 4.

I went to Best Buy yesterday just to get my iPad 2 fix since I still don't have mine, and I found the screen to look great. I tried the facetime camera and found it to be adequate for video chat. I really don't care if my video chats aren't in HD. It would be cool, but it's not necessary.

I held off on iPad 1 because there were no cameras and the main way I communicate with my parents is Facetime or Skype. iPad 2 solves that problem, even though it's not HD. Cripes, it's not like you're going to be using this thing as your main camera.

22. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Facetime only...i took a couple pic just to try. cool to get such a big pic...otherwise just facetime...

23. rikbrown macrumors regular

Can't you run Skype for iPhone?

24. RKpro macrumors 6502

Back camera: Just once to test that it works. It's as useless on a tablet as I had predicted.
    Front camera: Skyped a few times.