How much do you use your iOS devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPodJedi, Dec 16, 2013.

?

Are you a power user?

1. Yes, I am a power user

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, I am not a power user

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I use my iOS device about as much as the average smartphone user.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I rarely us my iOS device during the day.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPodJedi, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

How much do u use your iOS device? Are u a "power user"?
    Someone who constantly uses there smartphone for business purposes and knows how to efficiently get work done on their iOS device such as work documents(pages, keynote, numbers) or emails, FaceTime conferencing? How often do u use your device?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You will need to define "power user", cause I have no clue what that really means

Apparently your definition involves how much power you use :)

3. marf1million macrumors regular

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

5. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

when i am at home, i do use both the phone till it needs charging then i switch to the tablet while the phone recharges. Around campus i just check things real quick as i go in at 7 and get out at 4.

My nltebook needs a battery and have not gotten around to getting one. Thats what i used mostly at home

6. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

A power user has nothing to do with battery. It is someone who constantly uses their smartphone for things like YouTube, calling, texting, emailing, for work/jobs. I just mentioned battery to show how much I use my iDevices...

7. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Yeah ... " power user " and " cellphone ".

A true oxymoron if ever there was one.

8. g4manimac macrumors 6502

I am a definite (power user) lol my phone stays plugged in my work truck during all my breaks at work and when things get hairy I always carry 3 separate rechargeable battery packs in my lunch box.I have a huge power strip at my house and every night I have on it 2 ipad mini , 1 iPhone 5 ,1 iPhone 5s, a ipod and the battery packs as needed.From your definition of power users there are quite a few out there I'm gonna get a battery case for my phone before too long just still don't know how I'm gonna like it as far as the feel and size of the phone with it on.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

My little sister is "glued" to her phone, we often admonish her, Don't Run into the Phone Pole! but sometimes she keeps asking me for mundane things. Is she a "power user?"

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

"Power User" has nothing to do with battery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_user
    I use both my phone and iPad for productivity apps all day. But I only charge them once every 18 hours or so.

11. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

12. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Just guessing, mind you...but I don't think the issue is that the posters don't know thee general meaning of "power user", or mistakenly believe the phrase refers to battery consumption.

My wild guess is that they are making a bit of fun at the ...ah....silly question.

Just a guess, mind you...:D

:rolleyes:

13. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

So a power user.......uses their smartphone?

14. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Yes...but they use it POWERFULLY!

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think the definition of "power user" still needs some work.

I could easily spend almost all of my spare time on my iPhone, mostly internet browsing and reading/posting on forums. But I don't, because I have Macs available at home and work and I want my phone to have a charge when calling or texting.

To me, a power user is one that knows the in's and out's of a device. Shortcuts, tools, workarounds, ways to make the device work for the user. Perhaps that's because I'm in front of a Mac all day and I'm paid to work quickly in a variety of graphic design applications. A power user will know all the little tricks to make short work of things.

But that's subjective too. Because I'm a power user compared to the average iPhone user. I don't need to ask questions about how to attach photos to text messages or save a photo to my camera roll and so forth. But compared to some of the devs in the jailbreak section I'm a complete moron and know nothing. SHSH blobs, basebands, stitching IPSW's…UGH! :eek:

But…if we're going to stay with the definition of power user as someone who uses their device all day and has to recharge it periodically…I'm a power user.

----------

^^^^This. Jessica got to it before me! :D

16. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

That's kind of what I was trying to say... U use it for business purposes.

----------

Thanks for explaining it... I didn't have a good way to say it... It is people who use it for their job and know how to use the device efficiently using their knowlage and can get a lot of work completed while doing so...

17. imanidiot Suspended

How about **** stupid pissing-contest questions like this?
    How pathetic.
    Power user = pencil-neck geek.
    "I'm a MacRumors contributor, and I'm a power user. What an awesome stud I am. Observe how I powerfully use my ****ing computer. Admire my incredible keyboard power. Observe my extraordinarily macho pocket protector and cower in inferiority. Ignore my body fat index. I am a power user. I have never been out-doors in my life. I like potato chips."

18. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

What? Did you mean "can accomplish"...?

19. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Thanks for changing this into a pointless thread. I didn't mean this the way u have all interpreted and therefore have requested it to be deleted.

20. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Everyone who has a smartphone *THINKS* they're a power user, worse are the people who have Blackberry and Android devices. They have to convince themselves, yes, I'm playing Angry Birds, I'm talking to my friends on WhatsApp, and I'm sitting on my behind watching Netflix. That's okay, it makes me look important even though all I'm doing is throwing money down the drain on data plans, icon packs, and other junk I wouldn't otherwise. At least I'm not using the "toy" that is the iPhone. :rolleyes:

People are so offended by this thread because they have no answer to the question, other than saying yes and not backing up their claims as to WHY they're a power user.

21. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

I was thinking about getting my self a Mac mini bug now I'm double thinking it since I use my iphone for everything. I use my iphone as my computer.

22. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

How much do you use your iOS devices?

I'm always using my iPhone constantly. Esther for music of gaming or the usual.

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.