How much do you use your Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, May 8, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I'm finding I'm on it hours. Much less time on a PC use it for browsing, newspapers, books, video, occasionally the camera or FaceTime.

I'm finding theres not much I can't do with my IPad 2. Anybody else the same?

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Use mine a lot everyday. Check mail on it first thing in the morning, then surf, shop, read, you name it, in the evening. Probably use it more than even my iPhone. :apple:

3. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I use iPad 2 everyday since I got it... and even further back when the iPad 1 was first released. At work, I do all my personal things on my iPad... while the work PC is used strictly with business apps. At home, I only use it while I'm on the couch watching TV, or in bed. I still use my PC most of the time at home. I like the bigger screen on my iPad over my iPhone, but I still like my 42" monitor dual'd with a 24" on my PC... but my iPad and iPhone goes everywhere with me when I go out.

4. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

I use my iPad 1 every day, and on week days most of the day. I use for everything from an alarm clock, engineering notebook, meeting planner, file viewer, surfing, email, games, through bed-time reading.

5. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

I use it frequently. Not necessarily every day, though. But it accounts for about half of what I used my MBP for.

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I have a mac pro and macbook pro, was a little worried something would get neglected. However I use my iPad every day. It fills a gap in my usage.

7. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I totally agree with you. I barely use my iphone. I lay in bed at night, or in the morning reading the news, and handling some emails. I bought one of the Ipad 1 when they were released last year and it was just so helpful without carrying my laptop or traveling.

8. Smoothness macrumors regular

I use it slot more now. I still use to be attached to the MacBook pro, but cut it out slot this week unless doin specific tasks that can't be done on the iPad.

But for surfing,music and hulu/Netflix...iPad is what I'm using.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

10. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Only use the Macbook Pro now for storage and downloading TV shows. Phone barely gets touched other than to make calls.

iPad now consumes 90% of my computer usage time. :D I just hope that Microsoft creates an Office suite for the iPad sometime in the near future.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

mine is used for about 75% of the time i'm on the computer, plus as a book reader too so its used a LOT. love it.

12. iLucas macrumors 6502

I use my iPad everyday. It has become my main computing device most of the time as i'm not home but a few hours a day due to work.

13. 2ndname macrumors member

14. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I use it everywhere. But, I cannot get the battery down below 50%. I guess because I charge it everyday.

I really hope that apple will bring this long battery life on future iPhones. I want 10 hours of battery life!

15. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

16. SJ Lover macrumors member

SJ Lover

17. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Every day--laptop hasn't left its bag since I got my iPad 2. Surfing the web on the iPad 2 is better than a laptop or a smartphone. Words with Friends is better on an iPad than an iPhone. Twitter, Facebook, etc. are better on an iPad than an iPhone or laptop (I'm addicted to Flipboard).

I have never needed to do any heavy work on my laptop--I only had it for the sake of portability. I have now sold it--just need to get it reformatted for the guy I sold it to.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I definitely prefer WWF on my iPad now than on my iPhone.

19. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I use my iPad 1 everyday most of the day and night for my business and pleasure.
    It took me a bit but I now have figured out so many things that are possible with the iPad that I became very proficient on it for work.
    I don't go anywhere without it and my iPhone.

20. Sonisk macrumors member

Right now I am using my iPad for 5 hours more or less every evening. Loving it :)

21. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

All this usage and when it first came we we were all talking about how it was just a big ipod touch. Well it is and I love it.

Use it to surf the web while lounging in the evening. My dad uses it mostly I have to load a couple new Louis L'amour books for him every day.

22. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

An hour or two a day. Maybe more. I'll use it in between classes browsing news and stuff. I keep it by my bed and use it as a remote for directv. (AMAZING app) and also browse at home.

23. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Yep--I use DVPRemote to control both of our Roku boxes and Apple's Remote app to control streaming all over the house. It's awesome.

24. Skika macrumors 68030

+1

Exact same situation here.

25. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Mine has 90% replaced my new MBP, and gets used during the day for films and games for chilling at work, then again in the evening for browsing these places, streaming music and radio (love the fact that i can listen to stations from around the world), emails etc.

The missus is on hers all day, mainly for games, but she also uses hers for emails, faceache, etc. Which is funny, as she never liked them, and thought me having one was stupid, now it's glued to her :)

We only connect them to the MBP for updates or transfering films.

Never thought I'd use it this much :eek: