Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

green9206

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
(Hint: It's way more than $199) http://www.zdnet.com/how-much-does-an-iphone-6-really-cost-hint-its-way-more-than-199-7000033801/
Its certainly a good read and just curious if you prefer to buy outright or subsidized ? Don't like how some carriers try to fool customers into paying much more over the duration of 2 years rather than save lot of money by just buying outright contract free.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Up until recently, buying a phone on contract was the cheapest option. Now with Verizon and AT&T offering line discounts on full price phones, that isn't the case anymore. The iPhone 6 is the first phone I've bought without a 2 year contract and the reason is it was more economical to do so.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
The iPhone 6 is the first phone I've bought without a 2 year contract and the reason is it was more economical to do so.

Same here and honestly I kind of like it, ended up buying a Verizon version to use on AT&T because why not? In the past with contracts that wouldn't have been an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.