how much does apple charge for...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattburley7, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

If you go to the retail store and pick up your new ipad and have them set it up for you?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you preordered? Free. If you're buying one you just pay the cost of the iPad.

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

What is there to "set up?"

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Not really anything to set up. If you can not do this yourself, you will have trouble using it.

5. MS2083 macrumors regular

I never got the Pick-up in Store Option when I pre-ordered on the 7th... the iPad is pretty is easy to set up yourself! only takes 5 to 10 minutes!

I mean I would rather set it up myself at home, versus braving the crowds at the Apple Store tomorrow and risk someone trying to steal it !!

6. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

I disagree. They might want someone to just walk them through the initial set-up, incase there are any questions as to what something does (iCloud, Find My iPad, etc.) Doesn't necessarily mean using the actual device will be an issue once it's good to go.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry but I disagree. Setting up you iPad is basic and straight forward.

8. -Eden macrumors member

-Eden

Sorry, but I disagree. Many people first buying iPads are new to Apple products. They have no clue what iCloud is, how to sync it with their computer, and other features.

9. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

People who are new to iPads may need setting up. So do many other people too.

I think they promote it for two things, a) to show that Apple Retail is a little different to everywhere else.
    But b) To probably lock a customer in to the Apple ecosystem, the chances are the customer has a credit/debit card on them. Setting up an Apple ID etc etc would be a great way of generating extra revenue.