How much does Apple charge to swap hard drives?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bmpwe, Jul 24, 2007.

1. bmpwe macrumors member

How much does Apple charge to swap hard drives?

I've searched and failed to come up with any thing.

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

you have to go and ask in an apple store or call apple, but what i hear is that it's not cheap.

3. pawn3d macrumors regular

4. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

I've always done the hard drive swaps myself, but my father took his MBP to an Apple store to have the drive swapped. They told him they weren't allowed to do it, which seemed a little strange to me.

5. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

What computer?

Also, I'm pretty sure Apple won't do it, but you can get an Apple authorized rep to do it for around $100 + cost of the drive I think. But if its a Unibody MBP then just do it yourself... If it's a Classic and you are somewhat tech savvy, then do it yourself, its not that hard.

6. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

geeze people! pick up the phone. is it that hard to do? something you could find out in minutes may take hours on here. what sense does that make?

ok..i'm done. :D

7. P Mentior macrumors regular

Which computer do you have (or interested in changing HDD). The Unibody MBP is very easy to change. The older MBP is a bit more difficult to do but its not that hard. I did it with the help of the guide from ifixit. I suggest that you go and look up the guide for whichever model of mac that you own and see if you ould do it yourself. Whatever you decide, good luck. If you do decide to do it yourself make sure that you have the right tools.