Price Advice how much does classic 15inch sell for ? mid 2012

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by isephmusic, Oct 23, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

im really tired of the 4gb ram in my 15inch with its 5 pound body and 1400x700 screen or whatever it is. i want to upgrade. how much can i sell it for if its in perfect condition ? even have original box and cables.

my options would be to be portable get the 13inch haswell or 15inch refurb retina + ipad air.

thoughts ? i have a gaming desktop at home and as much as i THOUGHT i was going to play games on a laptop i never ended up playing.... or music production. the most i do on it now is arperture and it LAGS TO ALL HELL !!! idk why ! i turned off photo stream and that helpped but man do i feel like crap paying 1700$ for this macbook -_-

2. thbassplaya macrumors newbie

Instead of selling, I would just upgrade the ram. I am running a late 2011 15" MBP with 16 gigs of ram and a hybrid HDD and I don't have even the slightest bit of lag and thats running multiple adobe products, final cut, and logic all at once. You definitely will not come close to recovering your costs if you decide to sell.

3. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

If you want a smaller laptop or a retina screen, you can probably sell yours for a bit over $1K (maybe $1200?) - the same model is now selling for $1449 directly from Apple as refurbished.

But I wouldn't sell it just because it's lagging. It will stop lagging if you upgrade RAM and install an SSD instead of the stock hard disk. Would be much cheaper than a new laptop.

4. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

the weight bothers me to no end. ram is expensive too. 8gb laptop ram is close to 90 bucks fml !

a 256 ssd is like what 144 $ ? at that price i can just sell my old one and buya refurb retina.

does anyone know the battery life of non retina vs retina 2012 mbp ?