How much does it cost to replace the following?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdamHutchinson, Jun 4, 2012.

1. AdamHutchinson macrumors newbie

I think that my MacBook Pro is still under the Apple Care warranty although my 60W charger get's really really hot when charging and has frayed towards the connector part, if it is still under warranty would this be a free replacement or would there be a fee?

Another thing that I have to admit is that the casing or the metal body of my MacBook Pro is dented in a few places and I am wondering if Apple actually replace the casing for me, I figure that there will be a charge but does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost?

Thanks, please reply ASAP :)

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I had the same problem on my 2010 MBP recently and Apple replaced the charger free under applecare.

As for dents, nope you're on your own. Don't let them bother you.

3. AdamHutchinson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I hope it is under warranty as i can really only charge my laptop when it's turned off, about the dents.. a bit disappointed but they aren't threatening to the MBP i guess, thanks again :D

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Dent's can occur when your MBP is banged around. Just like your car they're not covered under warranty.
    Strange it only charges when shutdown. Could be something else is wrong, they'll sort it out for you at Apple.

5. AdamHutchinson thread starter macrumors newbie

I said that wrong, it will charge when switched on but when i am browsing or playing a game or anything it get's really hot and the charger stops working after a few minutes then comes back on after a few minutes when it has cooled down, but when the laptop is closed or I'm not using it, the charger works fine, could it be due to the fraying that has occurred?

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

jsut out of curiousity you do have a 13"MBP correct, or are you using a 60W charger on a 15 or 17" MBP

7. AdamHutchinson thread starter macrumors newbie

8. DrKockter macrumors member

invest in a speck hard shell case, it would have prevented those "dents" due to carelessness

none the less the macbook is a tough machine, should serve you well for longer