How much does pricing usually drop per cycle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dragonren, Sep 14, 2013.

1. dragonren macrumors newbie

Currently with the edu discount the mbp 15"
    2.6ghz
    650m 1gb
    4gb ram
    and anti glare display is 1909.
    With self upgrade of the ram and ssd costing about 350.
    How much would you expect the base cost of the 15" with 1gb vram to drop with the Haswell refresh?
    (assuming they still upgrade the cmbp)

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

New models cost the same as the old. Old models are dropped but can be purchased as refurbished. You can visit the refurbished site to see how the prices compare between current and previous generation models. It's usually a couple hundred difference.

3. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

pricing almost never drops for Macs. The Black friday deal is the same or more expensive then the normal student discount(just say your a student/grad student or buying it for your kid they never ever ever check) :D

The student discounts aren't much either 50-100 bucks. Best during the free $100 buck itunes gift card month before school starts. Macrumors and Appleinsider both have price guides of who is cheapest for what you want. I am pretty sure they don't suggest sketchy places to buy.

Some people here like to buy refurbished but I always find those too expensive for something that is used. A bunch of the online websites have better deals for new then Apple refurbished.

4. dragonren thread starter macrumors newbie

Well currently I am considering this http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpno~9529011~pdp.ibefgdj since it costs just a bit more than the apple store configuration @ $1988, and I can always put off upgrading the ram for now. Broke my 5 year old white macbook back in June and this netbook can't really run the programs I need for my engineering classes.
    1 gb ram and Intel atom processor, just enough for 4 tabs of chrome...
    Hopefully its still on sale by the end of the month.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

$100 drop if you are lucky. The most recent (2013) Macbook Air update dropped the base price by $100... so it could happen with the cMBP also.

6. wixaqialo macrumors newbie

A bunch of the online websites have better deals for new then Apple refurbished.[​IMG]

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Just make sure they are reputable. There are plenty of shady dealers out there.