How much does your 6+ battery drain over night?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ritte, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Ritte macrumors regular

I read somewhere a member stating that his 6+ only drained 1% over night. My phone loses between 8-10% and i still manage to get 10 hours of usage.

So what's your experience?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mine lost about 1% last night. I usually don't look at how much battery I have, when I turn in, but for some reason i did last night. It was at 89%, and when I woke up, it was at 88%

3. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I am afraid that I will never know as I plug my 6+ in before I go to bed each night. I have forgot to plug it in and it still had enough power to get all the way through the next day. The 6+ has one awesome battery capacity.

5. Sprintina macrumors member

99% of the time, I keep mine in a dock overnight but the couple times I kept it in my bedroom overnight, it only lost about 1 - 2%. Even during the day when travelling with it, I have been surprised at how long it stayed at 100% if I turn on the sccren to look at something on it after some time.

I expect that if you are in a low coverage area for your provider, the act of it hunting for cell towers may up the usage and/or you may have some apps pushing/pulling data continually in the background. You could check in the settings for what apps are hogging things.

6. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I normally charge mine every night regardless but last night I decided to unplug it before I went to bed just to see. I just checked it and it's still at 100%. Unreal. :eek:

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I think the best way to actually test this would be to have your phone at something under 100% before you start. I know with all my iPhones I could go an disproportionate amount of time before it went from 100 to 99.

But for my iPhone 3,4,5 and 5S I would typically loose 5-7% overnight. I did not shut anything down overnight, so wifi is on and bluetooth is on. With the 6 Plus I see about 3-4% overnight, which matches my battery life which is about double that of my previous phones.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I lose 0% overnight. This is because I plug my phone in when I'm sleeping and unplug it when I wake up.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Mine stays at 100% overnight. I set it to airplane mode before going to bed and use it as an alarm clock only.

10. NewtonPippin macrumors regular

If you're losing 10% overnight, you have some app that is pegging the CPU. Time to start uninstalling stuff.

11. skiltrip macrumors 68030

How much does your 6+ battery drain over night?

On my 6 (not Plus) I lose 0% to 1% over night. It's one of the things I do not miss about Android. iOS is awesome when it comes to keeping idle battery usage at bay. I went to bed at 100% last night, read a book in iBooks for 5 minutes or so, turned off, and woke up 8 hours later with 100%.

12. Ashtar macrumors regular

13. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

14. Viremia macrumors regular

Like several of the posters, mine loses between 0 and 1% overnight.

The other day, I charged it in the evening and took it off around 10PM. The next morning it showed 100%. Last night I happened to check not long before bed and it read 78%. This morning it was at 77%.

My cell signal is between 2-3 bars, good enough that it doesn't have to spend battery power looking for a signal.

15. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Mine runs the backup, which is only supposed to run when it's plugged in, although sometimes it seems to run through the battery faster for some reason.

I seem to get cycles where it lasts a week, or more, and other cycles where it seems to last less than a week. It's odd, and I was thinking about that just yesterday.

I do have the Logitech Harmony app, and it keeps the iPhone from sleeping, so it will smoke through the battery if I don't stop it and sleep my phone.

It's also set to auto-update apps, and sometimes, judging by the iMac updates, seems to have sleepless nights where it's updating a lot of apps.

I've had it loose 10% over a night, but I've also had it stay at 100% for two days.

16. Ritte thread starter macrumors regular

I've pretty bad cellular coverage (2-3 dots) at home, I'll test to put it in airplane-mode tonight. I've turned off background-refresh for apps and other things that may drain the battery.

17. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Lately around 10-15%. Initially, about 5%. I've got only about 3 dots of signal strength where I currently live. And I've got some recurring odd glitches so when I get around to it I'll need to scratch and start fresh on it. Though I don't actually have very many apps loaded on it so I'm not sure what went wonky.

18. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Even my 6 only loses 0-1% a night, and it has a smaller batter than the 6+.

19. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've never had an iPhone that loses more than 5% overnight while in standby. Honestly it's usually been loser to 1-2%, even considering my 3GS. I'll probably never know with my 6+ because I always plug it in to charge before I go to sleep.