How much does your phone drain with the apple watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Game 161, Jul 12, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

From experience from note 4 the Gear S drained my battery a fair bit...how is your phone battery life with the apple watch on bluetooth?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I have my Apple watch and bluetooth headphones connected at the same time at work I haven't noticed enough significant drain to care. For what it's worth I take my iphone off the charger at 6am and put it back on the charger around 10pm.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I've said this a few times. When I golf, I put my iPhone 6 + in my bag and run a workout other. My iPhone has either drained 1% or 0% in two hours of golfing - 7-8 times now. During the round, I am not using the watch very much, but I have responded to texts with canned responses and voice, plus many notifications that I would check and ignore.

4. JOSEPH99 macrumors member

JOSEPH99

Even though I have read a couple reviews claiming the watch severly drains the phones battery, I find that to be completely false.

5. doboy macrumors 68000

I think it depends on the complications. For instance when I had stock price as one of my complication, it drained my phone pretty heavily.

6. JOSEPH99 macrumors member

JOSEPH99

With average use my phone and watch last all day with ease.

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Since getting my :apple: Watch I've noticed a much better battery life in my phone. This is caused mostly by the fact that I'm not taking it out as much and using it. I also have a stock app set up in glances and it does not seem to effect the battery life at all.

8. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

My 6+ battery is currently at 67%, I unplugged it from the charger 18 hours ago and paired it to the Watch immediately, have been using both quite a bit today.

9. Klaatu63 macrumors regular

Klaatu63

Enough of a drain on my 5s that I returned the Apple Watch. Prior to the pairing of the Appl Watch my iPhone 5s would last the entire day and evening ending with 25% capacity. With the Apple Watch I would receive a low battery warning by noon. Had the iPhone battery tested at the local Apple Store and it tested OK. Figure I will wait until Watch 2.0 is released to see if it solves the problem otherwise I will wait for the nect gen Watch in 2016.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do you have all notifications turned on or is it more fine tuned for only some notifications?

11. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

My 6+ lasts longer now that I get all notifications on my AW instead of the phone.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No doubt that my iPhone 6+ is going on the charger with more power remaining. I was surprised as I am not one to leave Bt on all the time. The battery draw from BT must be very small and I know I save my phone battery a lot just being able to do thing like check my stock on the watch.

I am thinking that this is a battery saver in the end.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I went from not needing to take my charger for my 6+ to needing to take it. I didn't use my watch at all last week and didn't have to worry about taking my charger with me. I think the watch while useful to some is not useful to me.

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Depending on the day my 6 Plus will be near death. Some drain could be attributed to my Watch, some not.