How much edge data do you use a month

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hizzers, Sep 29, 2007.

1. hizzers macrumors newbie

On average how much edge data do you use per month on you iPhone? I ask this because in the o2 have released a new data bolt on package which is limited to 200mb per month, will this be enough data for using an unlocked iPhone?

2. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

The thing that is bizarre about this is O2's CEO Matthew Keys definitely said on launch day that the fair usage policy for the iPhone will be about 1400 internet pages PER DAY.

3. suneun macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

in 3 weeks I've d/l 90 mb and sent a paltry 4.4mb according to the stat page. I check mail and news sites daily on edge and sometimes youtube. I do have wirelss at home.

4. daemontrader macrumors newbie

I have used almost 500MB since launch in the US (6/30). So, I am running below this cap you mention and I used the browser quite a bit every day.

5. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

6. sanford macrumors 65816

I use it kind of a lot for someone who works out of his house. Whenever I'm out I'm always looking stuff up, price comparing, etc. YouTube of music videos to see if like CDs that are on sale, etc. Check e-mail when I'm out and my dad sends me a photos all the time, etc. On ATT we have no cap, but I'm using less than you'd imagine: like 25 - 35 MB a week max, less than your O2 cap. That's send and receive, of course, and I e-mail photos from it a few times a week.

Also, there is a "Usage" feature in the Settings that not only counts voice minutes but EDGE use in MB. Since we have no cap and I can check monthly minutes online, I have no need to do this, but you can reset it every month on your bill cycle date and keep an eye, make sure you're not running up against your cap.

7. hizzers thread starter macrumors newbie

That is great news! It seems that the non-iPhone data bolt-on package that O2 are offering is not so bad then.

Thanks for the help