How much faster can Apple make these new computers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nec207, Feb 6, 2012.

1. nec207 macrumors 6502

When Apple updates the new computers at end of year or new year the new iMac or Macbook pro :D:D How much faster can it be?

They are using intel i5 and intel i7 now :eek::eek: There no faster CPU out there .

Thay could up the RAM from 4GB to 7 GB and any thing more than 7GB will be like putting money in the trash for now .

Thay could up the video card but the video card they have now will play most 90% of the games .

They could up the hard-drive to 1TB :eek::eek: (( but you can get that now on the high end models )))But really how much faster and better can new Mac computers be :confused::confused:

The big problem is intel is not bringing out faster CPU's .And the video card they have now is really good so how much better can it be.

2. simsaladimbamba

Are you high?

Intel is bringing out new CPUs in March/April, they are currently in production, they are called something tower or so. There is a thread about 2012 MacBook Pros somewhere on this board. Let me check.

And Apple will probably release their updated Macs in Q2 and Q3 2012. There is also a thread about this somewhere something.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find dozens upon dozens of similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Technology is continuing to evolve and while it does this, Apple and every other computer manufacturer will continue to implement this ever newer, faster and more stable technology in their products.

4. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Havent you heard? They are recycling in the next model. All those leftover Intel Atom processors will be used in the new line MBP!

5. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

It wasn't unusual for CPU speeds to double every 2 years, but my 3 year old IMac I7 isn't much different from the current models. Maybe we've hit the wall for a while.

6. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

CPU efficiency has gone up a lot. Core 2 duo feels ancient now compared to the base line 2.3ghz i5.

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

What do you need to do that really taxes an i7 to the limit? My guess is "not much".

More than 4 GB of RAM has little effect on most processes, and for the ones that need more, you can buy more RAM.

Graphics cards are actually not great in most Mac, they are often the bottleneck in gaming. They could offer better ones but they would need to somehow add better cooling.

HDDs are expensive as hell at the moment because of all the damage to the factories that make them in Thailand (I think). How much more do you want them to bump the cost up by just for some more storage?

No. There is no main problem. Current Macs are very capable machines. What exactly do you need a spec bump for other than to tell other people your computer has XYZ specs? Do you edit HD video? Do you do intense graphic design?

8. simsaladimbamba

Looking at past threads of this poster, many have been wastelanded, the OP might not have a grasp at computational reality.

9. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

No where did I say the new mac computer coming out in year or so needs to be 2 or 3 times faster . I was just saying how can Apple bring out a new iMac or Macbook pro in year or so when they are using top of the line computers now.

10. simsaladimbamba

As already said and hinted at, Intel will bring out new chips in March/April 2012. Apple will use them. They will offer a 20 % speed gain. Then those new chips are the top of the line chips.

Ah, why bother, he?

11. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

Read this http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...inch-aluminum-mid-2011-thunderbolt-specs.html

And this http://www.passmark.com/index.html

Not base line but top of line iMac or Macbook pro they have out.By passmark it is marked as high end.

----------

What are these new CPU's that intel is working on ?

12. simsaladimbamba, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

simsaladimbamba

And? What the frack do you want to show us? The first is just a spec sheet, the second a link to some Windows software. Do you even know what you are talking about? Or is this just a rehash from your Virus or Mac OS X security thread or any other thread you created?

13. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

No that reply was for Ayemerica .

I still do not know what these new CPU's that intel is working on going to be called where I can google it and read up on it.

14. simsaladimbamba

Ivy Bridge. And you can google with Google (be careful breaking the internet).

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find dozens upon dozens of threads about the upcoming Ivy Bridge Macs:
    [​IMG]

15. kppolich macrumors 6502a

kppolich

Very true. My 2.66 C2D felt like a slug compared to the 2.66i7 in my new-er 15" macbook pro. More power, yet somehow more efficient. A lovely combo indeed.

16. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Yes, and as new processors and GPUs etc are releases, Mac will be updated. Ivy Bridge is on the way. RAM will come as 8 GB standard in a year or two, new AMD and nVidia cards will be out eventually. Everything takes time, and tech moves relatively quickly.