How Much For CD Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CRAZYBUBBA, Oct 22, 2007.

1. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

hey guys, I'm purchasing a macbook witn the following specs from another member.

Macbook- White
    CoreDuo 2.0Ghz
    1GB Ram 80 GB Hard Drive
    SuperDrive

What is a fair price? Also, do we expect a GPU upgrade in this November's macbook update?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

About $650-700USD in the USA, depending on how far it's being shipped and the cosmetic condition? More if it has applecare.

As for the upgrade, I don't know that everyone is expecting one in November, but at some point, it's fairly widely expected that the Macbook will transition to the 960/965/3100 architecture.

EDIT: Fixed -- USD -- given exchange rates, paying $1000CAD (next reply below) for a Macbook seems like a really bad idea.

3. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

A while ago(~6months) I was looking into selling my laptop that had those same specs (except with a 100 GB harddrive). I think i was getting offers in the neighborhood of $900-1050 (canadian)

4. CRAZYBUBBA thread starter macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I agree, your range is much more reasonable.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems like you always have the option of looking on Craigslist, say in Syracuse, and crossing the border with an empty attaché, and then just bringing it back without box as "your" notebook. I'm just sayin'....