iPad mini How much for Ipad mini retina next year nov?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaywood, Nov 17, 2013.

1. jaywood macrumors newbie

Hi, first timer here!

I was wondering how much this generation of Ipad mini retina will cost next year November, when the new ipad mini (ipad mini 3 i guess?) will be released. At the release of air, the ipad 3 and 4 were officially discontinued and the refurbs are sold on apple.com for $120 less (from 499 to 399 for the 16gb version + 20 discount on all refurbs as usual).

Judging by this, do you think that would mean the ipad mini retina will follow the same footsteps and be sold for $120 less (399 -> 279)? This is the first time I am familiar with Apple's placement and pricing, and was wondering if all refurbs of previous versions of ipads follow the "$120 discount" rule, or is my unfamiliarity of apple's refurb store causing misjudgment?

Thanks

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Really, no one knows at this point. Any responses you get will be a totally uninformed and, therefore, useless guess.:)

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

$249

4. bambooshots, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Since it'll be old obsolete tech next year, I offer you the princely sum of $100 for it when the next iPad mini comes out.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Or, quite possibly, I could be wrong!:eek:

:p ;)

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL! You're not. I just gave a totally uninformed useless guess. ;)

7. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

This is going to depend a lot on what the stick in the iPad mini 3.

If it's a small upgrade the older models will retain more value, but if they put something awesome in it, it could go the other way.

8. Whtchdr macrumors regular

I doubt next years Mini will differ much from the 2013 model other than some internal improvements. Now that the Air and Mini share the same design language it will probably last for two years. It's likely that this years Mini will just be replaced by the new model and keep the same price point. Considering that they kept the iPad 2 around this year, they may do the same with the 2012 Mini. But of course, it's all pointless conjecture at this point...

9. g35 macrumors 6502a

Old mini when new: $330
    Refurbished old mini few months post release: $280?
    Old mini now: $300
    Refurbished old mini now: $250

Retina mini now: $400
    Refurbished retina mini few months post release: $380 (my guess)
    Retina mini in a year: $350 (my guess)
    Refurbished mini in a year: $300 (my guess)

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

There are places and people that can give you an answer within 10%. These are the same people that are positive on the specs for the new ipad. And, they also know the wear and tear factor of the Mini-r after it has been in the hands of consumers for a year. They also know the number of people that bought the Mini-r vs those that did now. They also know how many will upgrade and how many will not bother.

So, there is the answer.