Price Advice How much for my Imac and how to sell it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BigMakk, Jun 19, 2014.

1. BigMakk macrumors newbie

Hi all,

New member but been a Apple/Mac user for years.

Looking to sell my mid 2007 Imac 24" with the following specs, its what i would say Grade A maybe B as slight couple of marks but nothing noticable:

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM
    ATI Radeon HD 3600 256MB
    500GB WD SATA hard drive 7200RPM
    Superdrive
    Wireless keyboard
    Mighty mouse
    All original wires, manuals and remote

Been offered £295 by MAC4CASH....is that a good offer or am I better off selling privately?

Also I have a 1TB Time Capsule(model A1355) no idea what this may go for second hand, seen anything from £30 to £200?!

Any advice would be really welcome.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. 960design macrumors 68020

http://www.apple.com/recycling/ is where I send all my stuff. It looks like you could get about $164.70 for it.

It is almost 8 years old, thats 3 lifetimes for a computer.

4. BigMakk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I did use Mac2Sell that actually gave me the MAC4CASH offer, ebay seems to be around £40-80 in some cases, but when you include posting and getting it all ready thats at least £20-25 while these people come with a box and pick it up for free.

Difficult one as you say its an old machine put in great condition, with the latest OS X Mavericks and still runs well...I'm tempted to take the £295 unless anyone things thats under selling it by a lot.

thanks.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I don't think that's underselling. In terms of tech it's pretty old and I can't imagine someone paying much more than that.

6. BigMakk thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok lovely, I do get that feeling....just need to erase the hard drive and then good to go!