How much for the new iPhone in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cujoca, Jun 8, 2009.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

I know for the 3G last year both Canada and the US had the same price points of $199 and $299, but it will be interesting/i wonder what they'll put it at this year seeing as there is quite a difference in price between the MBP in Canada and the US...
    I'm just curious as to how they'll price the iPhone GS in Canada.

Thanks in advance!

2. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

The price difference between Canada and the US has always been a big gap. Pricing is the same in Canada for the iPhone.

3. CanadianMac2008 macrumors member

Same price for the iPhones. Could be different for upgrade pricing though... if they offer it at all... last year I had to cancel and sign a new contract to get it...

4. C0die macrumors newbie

because I have a friend who works at rogers, I can get the iPhone 3GS for the 199/299 prices ( I only got my 3G in dec ) ;P

5. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

if i walk into rogers in july wouldn't i also be paying 199/299? since i'm a new iPhone customer?

6. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

For new users it's $199 & $299.
    For existing users (3G) nobody really knows yet.

I emailed Rogers and asked, still waiting for a reasonable response!

7. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

There will be some differences I imagine, since ETF and other fees differ.

8. CanadianMac2008 macrumors member

Hmmm... my best friend has a buddy who works for Rogers... wonder if he could hook me up as well - apparently he has hooked others up with great plans in the past... I'm currently not eligible for an upgrade, which really pisses me off seeing as how much I pay Fido every month... grrr....

9. Kevlar macrumors 6502

If you are on a different phone that was subsidized with rogers then no, unless you are are past your upgrade time, at which you should but will have to sign a new 3 year contract with them. If you are new to rogers you will get the subsidized price.