How much free memory do you have after a reboot? (4s)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SpaceCaseSixtyTen, Mar 14, 2012.

1. SpaceCaseSixtyTen macrumors newbie

Do this: close all aps first, restart, and then look at how much free memory you have (with all aps closed). What about if you do a 'free up memory' in sbsettings? How much free memory with just safari open (one tab)? How much free memory with safari open (one tab) after doing "free up memory"?

On an iPhone 4s: 278MB free after reboot, ~315 free after 'free up memory', ~110mb with only safari 1 tab app open, ~211mb after freeing memory after only safari open.

2. SpaceCaseSixtyTen thread starter macrumors newbie

Cmon guys, at least tell me how much memory you have after a reboot, and after doing "free up memory" after a reboot (both with no aps open). Stop being so lazy :p

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. SpaceCaseSixtyTen thread starter macrumors newbie

My bad, but i just felt jipped that 500 people viewed this thread, got my free memory information to compare theirs for themselves, and didn't leave me theirs so i could see if i have less than normal free memory because all of my tweaks installed.

How much free memory does a freshly jailbroken 4s (with lets say just SBsettings installed) have after a reboot/"free memory" after reboot with no other apps open?

I feel like having practically half of my memory being used up by just the operating system and tweaks seems like too much (gah i wish the iphone 4s had a gig of memory!!!... i totally notice the phone slows down when browsing the internet when there is less than ~40-60MB of memory left... and it totally can get there with just safari open after browsing for a while w/o doing "free up memory")

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Free memory is wasted memory
    Your 4S has all the RAM it needs

6. SpaceCaseSixtyTen thread starter macrumors newbie

Well when you have little memory, tabbing out of a game to check your email/post something on the internet sometimes causes your game to close, meaning you have to open it up again and you lost your spot in the game... gets annoying. So no my 4S does not have all the RAM it needs. I was wondering if all the tweaks i have installed are using up a significant chunk of my RAM, causing my iphone to have to close more aps than it normally would.

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I have 292 after reboot and 349 after clearing apps and processes.

I have a theme and quite a few tweaks but don't play many games…

I seem to run at 38 to 115Mb.

8. justinwebb macrumors regular

354 after reboot sits around 280 most of the time with apps cleared out

i have removed some launch daemons as well so that might have something to do with it