how much free space?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericg301, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

How much free space does everyone like to keep on their phones?

See below for my current allotment.

Luckily, I can fit my entire music library. But I get nervous whenever I start taking a lot of photos or video. I know 7GB is PLENTY (considering my last iPhone was 8GB total), but I still feel a bit cramped. If I add much more music I may have to compress everything down to 128K.

What about you guys? How much free space do you like to keep?

Attached Files:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. gh0001 macrumors member

I have a 16GB iPhone and I still have 30% free space :)

4. terryfish169 macrumors newbie

I still have a lot of free space but I would start being aware of my space usage once I only have 2GB left on my iPhone. Maybe I'll remove most pictures from my iPhone after I transferred them to my desktop.

5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Have about 20% free. I wish I had a 32Gb so I could cram more music on it.

Reason I keep at least 2GB free is that I hate managing my stuff to fit some new apps that's over 500 megs.

Attached Files:

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

this thread is useless

free space is wasted space

storage space =/= ram =/= cpu cycles

the iphone has its own "scracth disk" that it uses for operation. Even if you filled your phone 100% with music, it would not slow down the phone. You just wouldn't be able to install anything anymore

If you have a computer with only 1 hard drive, then I could see how it would be an issue to fill it up completely

but consider the iphone "Free space" to something akin to an external hard drive.