Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterapple04

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Massachusetts, USA
I was just looking at my Gmail account, which I've had for about 1.5 years, and in that time, I've only used 59MB out of 2668MB.

How much of your 2.5GB are you using?

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
~120Mb. It's useful for receiving large pics and video files, but I tend to delete the big stuff (old habbits).

I've also found it useful as a iDrive - new message, upload your files and then save as draft.

I wonder whether Google would be able to handle everyone suddenly filling their inboxes?

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Danksi said:
~120Mb. It's useful for receiving large pics and video files, but I tend to delete the big stuff (old habbits).

I've also found it useful as a iDrive - new message, upload your files and then save as draft.

I wonder whether Google would be able to handle everyone suddenly filling their inboxes?

Funny, I first read that as old hobbits. :p

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
You are currently using 57 MB (2%) of your 2668 MB.

In my defense, I use Mail.app for all my Gmail needs and semi-routinely delete all un-labeled messages from the web interface.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
643 megs...
It should be full after xmas, a friend is getting a digicam and I told him I want lotsa gmails. :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
643 megs...
It should be full after xmas, a friend is getting a digicam and I told him I want lotsa gmails. :)

how much has that 'friend' already filled up ;)

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
runninmac said:
A whopping 1% in other words 33MBs wow i really should use it as an external drive. (can you do that on a Mac???)

You can do it with any machine using a web browser, that's what's nice about it - Compose Mail > upload your files as attachments and then save now (as a draft). Download them anywhere with a browser from your Drafts folder. :)

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
StarbucksSam said:
Like, zippo. Why are they adding so much storage, anyway?

Land grab, marketing**. I doubt there are really that many people using anywhere near their full allocation - that's why I was wondering whether Google could actually support everyone with a Gmail account suddenly filling their inbox.

**EDIT: Having said that, Gmail is by 'invitation' only and Yahoo offers 1Gb for all as well.

applefan

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2003
No. Cal.
102/2668 or about 4%, 25% of which are in the trash. BTW, messages in my trash for over 30 days are not automatically deleted as promised by Google. Are yours?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
applefan said:
102/2668 or about 4%, 25% of which are in the trash. BTW, messages in my trash for over 30 days are not automatically deleted as promised by Google. Are yours?

Nope, I tested this just to see, and indeed, Gmail never deletes them. *shrug*

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
38 MB - 1%

I also have one I use for a file storage and it has like 1.6 GB which is 62 % i used most of that space with this 1.2 GB 10 min imovie that I backed up

iPhil

macrumors 68040
2% or 65MB of 2,669 MBs and growing.. Gmail is Infinity + 1 GB of mail space.. :cool: :cool:

the 'spam' folder auto deletes after 30 days but the "regular" trash doesn't..:confused: :confused:

I've been using Gmail since late sept. of '04.. first couple days of 'Gmail' i deleted mail after i read it, but now its all mail folder..:eek: :eek:

Its the mail client im in on a daily basis, since if i dont check it for couple days i'll get like 20+ msgs to go thru.. :eek:

that takes time to go thru :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.