Price Advice How much in eBay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chizzer2003, Feb 11, 2012.

1. chizzer2003 macrumors member

Hey, I'm thinking of selling my iPad 2 16GB WiFi to save some cash for the iPad 3. It is in relatively good condition, all the packaging remains and so does the power cable and plug. There is some minor wear and tear (mostly on the back) such as a few scratches and blemishes, but that's about it. These are relatively unnoticeable unless in direct light, but some are deep. It is also NOT engraved. How much could I roughly get for this on eBay? I have checked by the way, but couldn't really find any under this criteria, so thought I would ask on here :)

Cheers!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

eBay is flooded with iPads, you couldnt find one? I'd sell it here for 375-400

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

eBay give YOU the tools to see what past units are selling for. The market is FLOODED with iPads from people just like YOU!:(

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The op does not meet the minimum post requirements.

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Yeh isn't it like 250 posts or something along the lines?

Aim for something like 370-80 USD.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Right. I'd try craigslist then. (Screw eBay and their 9%!) or post on Macrumors for a few days.

7. kokako macrumors regular

Hey if you are thinking of selling your iPad on EBAY make sure you ship to the winners "Confirmed" paypal address, DO NOT ALLOW pickups if someone pays via PAYPAL, if they use a stolen credit card you'll initially receive the payment in your paypal but Paypal will take it back 4 days or up to 4 months later, EBAY / PAYPAL offer NO Seller Protection if you don't ship to a Confirmed Paypal address and there's a massive EBAY scam involving trailer trash thieves stealing iPads, iPhones etc this way - whatever you sell on Ebay NEVER allow pickups, if someone collects you have no Seller Protection. Be careful, I learnt the hard way along with a lot of others.

8. davidoloan macrumors 6502

+1

I got caught too on a TV sale.

Ebay will not help. They have designed the system to make it 100% safe for buyers at the expense of sellers. Paypal will take the money right out of your bank acc by direct debit.

In my case the buyer had a legitimate paypal and address, but on receipt of TV, contacted me saying it had a damaged lcd screen and he wanted 50% back or he would create an ebay case. The words used in the claim were so unprofessional and unspecific that I knew something was iffy so demanded proof.

I thought ebay would investigate on the case merits, so I opened a case. The buyer would offer zero evidence so I thought I would win. Ebay sent me a message stating that they advise sellers to settle with the buyer in all cases. The buyer contacted me and said he I would receive a broken TV back and lose all my money, so he would still accept 50% money back. I said no. He also suggested I should not cause him to have to pay to send the TV back. Ebay "investigated", found his claim was valid and offered to give my money back to him as long as he sent the TV back and got a delivery signature.Two days later I got the TV back with the back ripped off and the inside destroyed. Ebay gave him the money back. When I complained to ebay they said the case was closed.

I went to give negative feedback, only to find sellers can no longer give negative feedback to buyers ! This ebayer has 100% positive feedback.

As far as i am concerned ebay is for buying and selling cheap items and I would only contemplate an expensive sale if the sale was completed personally and I was prepared to gamble on the individual standing right in front of me. I think ebay and paypal are just about the most disreputable companies on the internet. Amazon is a much safer bet and they are starting to email offers of free trials for a seller account.

9. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I don't sell on ebay anymore, too much hassle. Craigslist is the way to go. inconvenient but much more reliable