How much? iPhone 2g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stewartlittle, Aug 25, 2008.

1. stewartlittle macrumors regular

So I am thinking of getting an iPhone to use when i head overseas. So obviously unlocking is an issue. I would guess that means to get a 2g, since 3g isnt unlocked. Which isn't a problem to me anyways, i dont need the gps. I just want a cellphone with wifi, basically an phone and my ipod touch in one. So first of all, where can I find a place to buy a new or almost new locked, or unlocked 2g iphone. I have seen it on ebay, and kijiji and such for 400. Which seems a little much to me. How much should i be spending on this, what is a fair price. Thanks again all!

2. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

Whoever contacted me, please do so again, I had popups blocked. Thx

3. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

No more new phones, and $400 with warranty seems reasonable to me, considering 3 months ago that's how much they are. With the unstable 3G phones, first gen will probably increase stock value.

5. wronski macrumors 6502

Technically there's no such thing as an iPhone 2g. There's the original iPhone, and I guess if you want to call EDGE 2.5G you could call it the iPhone 2.5G but 2G simply doesn't make sense considering 1) it's not a 2nd generation product 2) that's not the speed of the EDGE network.

6. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the confusion, to be honest, i am new to the whole iphone thing. I just want an older version. Where am i to get one with a warranty though? If there are no new ones anywhere.

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

iPhones come with 1 year warranty provided they have not been dropped or exposed to water damage. I would ask the seller to confirm that the phone is under warranty and for how much longer, and provide the serial number after you won.

Then you can confirm its warranty on this website: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni