How much is a 12" 1.5ghz powerbook worth today?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bowzer, Dec 6, 2008.

1. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

Thinking about selling my 12" 1.5ghz Powerbook, 1.25gb ram and 80gb hard drive. There's nothing wrong with it, no scratches or blemishes etc. Works perfect and battery still holds a decent charge. How much should I be asking for it?

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I thought about selling my PB12 1GHz and thought I might be able to get £350-400 for it. However, I decided to keep it as a netbook.

3. bowzer thread starter macrumors 6502

bowzer

Ya, I've just been recently thinking that it might be a good time to sell and pick up a refurb black macbook off apples site.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I will be keeping mine until I no longer need it as a backup for my new machine :rolleyes: or it no longer functions.
    Apple just hasn't been the same since Intel IMO.

I'd say anywhere from $300-500. You will get less and less as previous gen macbooks drop in price.

5. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Until Apple creates something as beautiful as the PB12 I think the value will hold pretty well, especially as it still websurfs so well.

6. Kleivonen macrumors member

Well if it helps any, 2 year old 2Ghz Macbooks with 2gb ram, 250-320gb hdd's are going for around $650.

7. 173080 macrumors 6502

Yesterday I used my friend's 12" PBG4 and I was impressed by the quality. The tactile feel of the PBG4 keyboards is so much better and smoother than the classic MBPs, which is still better than the current chiclet keyboards. I thought I was crazy for thinking that my old 15" PBG4 had a better keyboard than my MBP, but the more PowerBooks and Macbook Pros I use it just confirm it.

I always get the impression that Mac OS X feels more "solid" when its running on PowerPC processors. I don't know what it is, the PPC and Intel versions have a different feel to them.