Price Advice How much is a 2010 white macbook worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Atrin1, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Atrin1 macrumors regular

I have a 2010 13inch White Macbook, 7,1 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM and 256 Cruciall SSD.

I'm thinking about selling it and getting a macbook air, but not sure how much i'd get for it since its a bit old school now, so to speak.

2. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

If white Macbooks had thunderbolt or USB3 ports they would be much more worth. The major leak for these devices is the lack of fast external connections. However, as a corporate laptop it's still good, and in some aspects are better than Air Macbooks: the built-in ethernet port and superdrive unit are welcome features in the daily corporate work.

I think if it's in a good shape, battery with a low cycle count, it would sell for around $600,00-650,00.

3. Atrin1 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I'm at 196 cycle counts and I bought it in January 2010.

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

You won't have much to gain by getting an Air since those max out at 256 GB ssd and 8 GB RAM, and aren't easy to upgrade. The processor is newer but overall the computer isn't much faster than what you have already other than usb connections.

Your macbook could fetch $400 easily, maybe $500-600 on craigslist or newspaper ad.

5. StockDC2 macrumors regular

I'd say $500, $550 if you can find the right buyer.

6. xekret macrumors newbie

I bought the exact MacBook you are selling but with an upgraded 500GB HD for $300 on craigslist. It had some deep scratches on the clamshell but it runs like a champ. I'm not trying to discourage you but just beware of people trying to lowball you. I own a late 2009 with a Samsung 840 SSD and love it. It compliments my Retina perfectly since I rather leave that one at home. Just my $.02

7. Atrin1 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the feed back guys.

the air is more portable than my current macbook, and my needs for a portable work computer have increased.

thanks!