How much is a PDQ worth nowadays?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DaKKs, Aug 16, 2013.

1. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Its a 266mhz G3. Excellent condition. Aside from some minor scratches on the top cover, its mint. Working OEM (Apple) battery (2-2:30 hours), running 10.3 off a 8GB CF card. Original drive with functioning OS8.5 install.

I was the first one to open it up, to bump up the ram. A stunning unit. From the files on the original drive it was last used in May 2002.

I'll take some shots once I'm able to steal my sister's camera.

What's one of these worth?

2. cjbriare macrumors member

cjbriare

probably not a whole lot. Seeing as it has OS X on it and a working battery, and the age, i'd say you could probably get $25-40 bucks for it at most.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Unfortunately those first PDQ and Wallstreet Powerbooks are some of the most UN-desirable laptops Apple ever made. They're slow, they have all sorts of graphics problems with OS X, hold very little RAM, only go up to 10.2.8, weigh a TON, and lack USB. Anyone who is looking for a PowerBook G3 nowadays is smart enough to be after a fast Lombard or a Pismo. TiBooks can be had well under $50 so I really don't see you getting more than $25 for it. You'd probably make more parting the thing out to be honest.