How much is a Touch at Changi Airport, Singapore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ehpedro, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ehpedro macrumors newbie

So, horror of horrors I drunkenly lost my Touch I got in NY (cost me roughly £160 at xmas after I converted it back into £ from $). I'm off to Vietnam on holiday on Friday and desperately want to get a new one, but where do you rekon it will be cheapest? Heathrow airport, Chengi Airport (Singpore) or out and about in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)?!? Unfortunately I'm stuck in the airport at Singapore so no chance to head into town... Bit of a long shot i know considering I'm off in a couple of days but any info will be greatly appreciated!! Out of interest, a 8Gb Touch here in the UK high street is £187 I think... Thanks again!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

It'll be cheapest at SIN. I was in there last night and I think that the 8GB was something around 340 USD (I'm doing the conversion in my head). This was in terminal 3, though. I didn't pay too much attention to that, though, as I was more excited about getting on the A380 to Sydney.

3. insular macrumors newbie

and unless you flew Business or First class, the flight probably wasn't all that special. At least Economy now comes with a powerpoint!

Terminal 3 at Changi is nice isn't it.

4. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

WhiteNoiseMaker

I was in Singapore in March and while I can't remember the exact prices for iPods in Singapore. I know I got my 32GB iPod Touch cheaper at Dixons Tax Free at the airport. I paid £280 for mine and it was going to cost something like £290 in Singapore.

Check out the prices here to get a rough idea, the prices at the airport were about the same!

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

I flew business, but all seats, including economy, come with data ports now. So everyone can get online.

6. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

The prices are $498, $698 and $848 for the 8GB, 16Gb and 32Gb respectively. However the prices include tax of 7%, so this should give you a rough idea.

7. insular macrumors newbie

Economy doesn't have Internet AFAIK. I definitely saw the RJ-45 jack in my dashboard and asked the flight "attendant" about it. He took about 15 minutes to go find the manual and confirm that it's a console port and claimed it didn't allow access to the Internet. After which he lamed on about how it could be a future upgrade (complete with quirky smile to make me think his service was top-notch).

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

I flew the 380 to LHR about a month ago sitting in economy and I could get online...

9. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Not so good

The prices at Singapore are not so good. I was a bit disappointed at the lack of savings.

I was there just a couple of days ago. I had a whole host of purchases to make. Some of the Sony stuff is well priced. The Apple stuff is cheaper in the States, even including sales tax.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

The question (which by the way is over 3 months old...) had nothing to do with buying in the US. Everything is cheaper there, anyway.