Price Advice How much is fair for an iPad 2?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sdahe, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello,

I think I'm going to sell my iPad 2 (16GB WIFI)... how much it's fair to ask for it?.. it's in like new condition. Still under warranty (11 more months). I'm going to include the smart cover too.

Thanks...

----------

Thanks for moving the thread... my bad!!!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

$350 is a fair price to sell.

$300-$325 will sell right away.

4. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Thank you!

5. Vashti macrumors member

I would like to piggyback on this question if I may. I am thinking of selling my ipad 2. It is 64 GB, 3G, has 16+ months of Apple Care left - and is only one week old. I took my ipad in to get the home button fixed last week and they gave me a new ipad. The whole system with apple care and cover and tax cost $1056 when I bought it. If I could get enough, I'd love to move up to the new one. Any thoughts? Thanks!

6. Gizmo22 macrumors regular

Gizmo22

Well, I think that the $1056 you paid is irrelevant to the situation unfortunately. Based on the Madison, Wisconsin Craigslist, $500 to $550 would be a reasonable place to start. Cannot say whether those are actually selling though.

7. Vashti macrumors member

Sigh. It sounds like I should be happy with my new iPad 2. I was hoping I could get 600 - 700. Then, I would pick up a new one. Thank you, Gizmo.

8. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Unless they gave you a shrink wrapped iPad, it is not new. If you brought it to the Genius Bar and they gave you another iPad, it's refurbished.

9. Vashti macrumors member

I took it to the Genius Bar, but what they brought me was definitely shrink wrapped. That said, I've left the plastic on - but have used it for a week.

10. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Did it come in a shrink-wrapped retail iPad box? If it came in a nondescript box that doesn't have the regular apple logo and iPad image, then it's a refurb. Otherwise, nice catch!

11. Vashti macrumors member

No box, no plug. Just a shrink wrapped ipad.