How much is my 2010 iMac i7 worth?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PeteyV, May 5, 2014.

1. PeteyV macrumors member

I have been debating on selling my 2010 i7 iMac to purchase a 15 inch MBP for the portability. I really have never used my iMac to its potential and always find myself using my 13 inch MBP for daily tasks because of its portability. The only downside with my 13 inch is the screen real estate.

How much should I be able to sell my 27" iMac for with 12GB of ram, 1TB HD, apple mouse, trackpad, and keyboard for?

2. hologram macrumors 6502

You can get whatever they're selling for on eBay.

Not the asking price, the actual sales price. Do a little research.

3. Shivetya macrumors 65816

4. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I've got the same one and I'm loath to replace it. I love the fact that this model has the CD/DVD drive built in. Judging by similar models on eBay, folks are actually bidding between $700 and $800. Plenty of sellers are asking for more but they're getting no bids.

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

was going to sell mine (BTO 2009 i7) independently but the ebay price of like 600$ wasn't worth the shipping and extra effort so i sold to gazelle for 485$ free shipping and now and waiting for a iMac refresh to buy a new one.

6. PeteyV thread starter macrumors member

I just don't think I can let it go. I've dragged that 27 inch behemoth through the mall 3-4 times to get the LCD replaced under warranty. And then the screen real estate is just great. I just find my self using it for no more than 1 hour total a week. My 13 inch MBP though gets countless hours.

Let me ask the imac owners, do you find yourselves having an imac bc of the screen size or are you just used to the desktop format of computing?

7. mossy macrumors regular

mossy

I still have my 2009 iMac next to me on my desk. I use it for the rendering power (distributed rendering). I was going to sell it, but decided against it because it is still a really good machine (I was going to sell it also to put the money towards the new machine - but decided to keep on saving).

I did have to buy a LED screen for €280 around a year ago. I also removed the HD and stuck in a 500GB SSD. I only resorted to all of that because I was in my final year of college and needed to keep it ticking over as best I could. I think I will hang onto it for as long as possible at this stage. :)

8. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I've had my I7 for nearly 5 years; wow. I thought it would be obsolete by now, but it's still a fast and reliable. So, no compelling reason to upgrade. The extra $200 for the I7 upgrade has saved me money in the long run.

9. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Both, really. The ginormous 27" screen is always a spiffing thing to be staring at, plus you can increase font sizes at will. And for anything creative, like Photoshop, the screen size is a must. But I also love the convenience of a mouse and full keyboard. I have the Bose Companion 5 speakers + subwoofer for my iMac so audio/video is terrific as well.

----------

I find I use my iMac with the 1 TB hard drive as a central storage depot for all files (backed up daily via Time Machine to an Airport Extreme base station), even those I work on with my MacBook Air.

10. B.A.T macrumors 6502

I sold my 2010 i7 last month on eBay for $1400. It had 2tb hard drive and 12 gbs ram. $900 seems low to me.