How much is my 4s worth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr Rogerss, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mr Rogerss macrumors member

Going to upgrade here pretty soon. And I was just curious what you guys think my current phone is worth.

Its in good condition. Maybe a minor mark on the back. No big deal. But the real question is the lock button. It is really hard to push and it doesn't work most of the time. Sometimes when you press it really hard it will work. But the phone is fully functional when you turn on Assistive Touch and everything.

Say I list this phone on ebay, what do you think it would get in a auction bid roughly? It seems like phones with no issues, and in excellent condition run for around $200-$250 on ebay. Just curious what type of hit to except if I list it.

Thanks guys!

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

As you've already done, compare your phone to those for sale on eBay and Criags.
    That'll give you a far more accurate guess than anyone here could offer.

Because of your lock button, I'd subtract another $25-50.

3. Mr Rogerss thread starter macrumors member

Couldn't find a phone with my exact issue. Only phones with bad ESN's and cracked screens to compare.

Just trying to get a general feel for what it would be worth. If enough people think one thing, I will just list it at one price and try to sell it. Otherwise, if I get no offers, ill just put it to auction.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Really? would a phone with a defect even sell?

Don't bother looking for prices in Craigs list, those are all asking prices and you don't know what the phones sold for. Look only at CLOSED auctions on eBay. Those are real selling prices.

Also while there on ebay you can see the closed auctions that did not sell, where the seller did not find a buyer. Clearly those prices were set to high. You want to price yours so it will sell,

Then offer maybe a 30% discount for the defect and see if it sells

5. Mr Rogerss thread starter macrumors member

People buy broken iphones all the time. There is a market for them. Mainly because they have resources to fix them and often times can flip them for a profit.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yeah Chris. Spend some time on eBay.

People will buy broken iPhones. Some people are not afraid of tinny screws and they can get parts on the web to fix it. Sometimes they do this to make a bux, sometimes they can't afford a new phone, not even a used good condition one so they take a chance and see if they can repair a broken one.