iPad mini How much is my iPad Mini retina worth?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SoApple, Oct 3, 2014.

1. SoApple macrumors regular

I have a 16gb cellular ipad mini retina display. Im in Canada and it's worth $549 CAN and also purchased an apple cover $60. It still has 2-3 months of warranty.

Considering there is an upcoming launch what do you think the ipad is worth?

Is it worth anything under $400?

This isnt an ad... Just looking for an idea. I looked around on craigslist and kijiji and have rarely found a cellular ipad looking to be sold.

Thanks

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

The wifi model is selling for $275 brand new here in the USA. Granted yours is the cell model, so it is technically worth more. However, I think demand for the cell model is lower as less people want another bill every month.

Let us know if you ever sell it and for how much.

3. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

350, tops... Even less in a couple weeks. Get that thing on eBay now!

4. DSTOFEL, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

That sounds about right to me. I just sold a 32GB mini Retina cellular Verizon model 2 weeks ago on Craigslist for $400 in Atlanta (perfect condition, just the iPad...no cover). Wanted to give myself options with the new crop of iPads just around the corner. I'm hoping (probably against hope) the Mini Retina 2 will:
    -address the limited color gamut (I'm doubtful for some reason)
    -be lighter & thinner (I'm hopeful)
    -sport 2GB of RAM (I'm doubtful)

Been using the 6 plus as my quasi iPad replacement. It almost pulls it off. Watching videos is fantastic. However web browsing, while very good on the 6 plus, is stiff far superior on the Mini (IMO) and I miss the iPad Apps!

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yup! The 6+ will never be able to replace my iPad!

However, with the rumors of no updates to the Mini I wouldn't necessarily jump to sell asap..

6. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

This is incorrect. Brand new iPad Retina Minis are selling on Amazon for less than 350. Used are going for under 300.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

He has the cell version.

8. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I'm having trouble selling my mint condition, 16gb rMini (WiFi only) and I have it listed on CL for $275 WITH an Apple Smart Cover and a Poetic back case. I thought that was a great deal but I guess it's time to drop the price again soon. I guess iPads don't have the same resale value that they used to. If I have to go much lower I may just sell it to Gazelle for $195 and be done with it.

9. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

I mentioned above that I sold my 32GB R Mini (Verizon Cellular) for $400 on Craigslist 2 weeks ago. I've managed to sell quite a few of my Apple products on CL over the years (ie iPads, MBP, iMac).....to trade up to newer models. However, each time it seems I only get a small number of responses and then one person comes along and grabs it. I've been lucky. It seems to be very hit and miss and I'm in a large market area (Atlanta). I like selling on CL since there are no fees (like on EBay)...but not sure if it's the best place to sell?

10. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

I just sold pretty much the same exact thing on Amazon for 290. After Amazon took their cut, I came away with about 270. Helps if you can honeslty list it with no marks, dents etc and include all accessories and the box.

11. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I'm definitely going to try this, thanks! 270 net would be great. Didn't even consider Amazon before.

12. 100thMonkey, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  13. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Right. That's why I said 350 "tops". 350 is VERY optomistic.

14. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

Yeah I'm selling my iPad mini 128 gb with cell & wifi and also my iPad Air 128 cell & wifi In top notch shape w all original packaging. Where do you all suggest I sell it besides eBay and I don't feel safe with the Craigslist crazies, had a bad experience once. eBay and PayPal are such a ripoff w the fees.

I'm going to unload my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air as well since I don't use them at all anymore. I don't travel much anymore so no need for the MacBook Air. I just need my iMac and my iPhone plus these days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

----------

How does selling on Amazon work?

15. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Me too have difficulty selling my rmini 32gb

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'd strongly suggest Craigslist for the iPads but since you don't want to deal with it I'd say Amazon is the next best option. Their prices seem slightly higher than eBay and their buyers aren't as annoying.

17. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

Thanks! Checking out amazon now :)