How much is my iPod Touch worth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sk8mash, Apr 29, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Heres my story...I got a 16gb iPod touch around christmas, but the other week I got an 8gb iPhone, so very very reluctantly I am now selling my iPod touch. Just wondering how much you guys think its worth? Its in perfect condition as it has had an invisible shield on it from new, and has the box and everything. Also, is it likely that the price of second hand ipod touches will drop after the convention in June? I haven't seen many rumors about new iPod touches, am I missing something? It could mean the difference between selling it today, or selling it in a couple of months.

Thanks guys and gals!

2. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

With these things in general, price drops as time goes by. My advice would be to sell sooner rather than later. As for what it's worth, drop by eBay and put a couple watches on the exact same item. When they close you'll have a good idea.

3. Drucifer macrumors regular

I think it would also depend on if you have the new model with the January updates.

Even though you can jailbreak it and get the iphone features that way some people don't know about it. I just picked up a 16GB iPod Touch for $280 here in Canada. It was the old model so that is why I got it for a such a good price.

4. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Thanks guys. It might be a good idea for me to sell it jailbroken with the iphone apps, and installer! Might make it a bit more valuable for the non-techies!