Price Advice How much is my mac mini worth

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lil Chillbil, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Lil Chillbil, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012

Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

hey guys I was wondering how much my mac mini is worth

January 2005 Mac mini
    1.25ghz PowerPc G4
    1gb ram
    cd burner
    40gig Hardrive

2. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Check out mac2sell for a rough estimate, but the actual selling price may be a little bit above that.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

PowerPC won't sell for much. Does it only have a CD burner or a superdrive. Can it play DVDs. If it can, you are best off keeping it for a media center machine, or dedicated DVD player.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

IT IS A 7 and a half year old PowerPC Mac Mini!
    Mac2Sell has it at $50.
    It is more trouble listing it and selling it via CL or eBay than it is worth IMHO.
    You are best off keeping it as a DVD player if it plays DVDs or giving it to a relative, friend, someone you know who may need a computer but not really care at all about specs.

I can't run a current OS and the amount of RAM required to handle web data these days makes it a dino. I got 7+ years out of a G4 Tower that was top spec loaded with RAM when new, but this is a Mini which was under powered to begin with.

My $.02.

6. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Virtually nothing. Maybe $50 if you find someone just looking for a computer for their kids to do some homework on. I watch our local craigslist for macs and we have one guy trying to sell the 1.33ghz G4 model and started out at $250 and now down to around $100 and still no takers. Can't run anything past Leopard, processor is too slow, and expensive (and limiting) for upgrading the RAM (max is only 1GB if I am not mistaken).

7. Dkrogh macrumors member

I like the idea of using it as a kids computer. Sadly I think mini's go down in value quicker than other apple computers.